User Email Settings? Topic Icon Meanings?

Started by gentle rain, November 11, 2019, 08:57:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gentle rain

Regarding user email settings:

● Do I need to turn on the Account Settings "Allow users to email me" option to receive emails from administrators, newsletters, or notifications of post subscription activity? If yes, will my email address then be made public to all OOTS members?

● What are "Locked Topic" and "Sticky Topic" icon meanings?

Thanks!

Three Roses

There is a box in "Account Settings" to check if you want to allow forum members to email you outside the forum. There is also a private message option that allows you to receive private messages here.

A sticky topic is one that is permanently at the top of each sub-board or child board. A locked topic is one that has been locked by Moderators and can't be replied to. Hope this helps!
:heythere:

Blueberry

Thanks 3Roses :)  :) 

Quote from: gentle rain on November 11, 2019, 08:57:34 PM

● Do I need to turn on the Account Settings "Allow users to email me" option to receive emails from administrators

No. Admins can see your email address. That being said, Admins and Mods usually use the private message (PM) function Three Roses mentioned.

Quote from: gentle rain on November 11, 2019, 08:57:34 PM

●   If yes, will my email address then be made public to all OOTS members?

I don't know whether email addresses become public to all OOTS mbrs when you allow users to email you. Need to wait till Kizzie has time to respond. If you still want to know that is.

For your own personal anonymity and safety, I'd recommend sticking to PMs. This is the Internet and we can't guarantee that everybody is who they say they are.

Hope this helps.

Kizzie

QuoteI don't know whether email addresses become public to all OOTS mbrs when you allow users to email you. Need to wait till Kizzie has time to respond. If you still want to know that is.

Given we're an anon forum it's not something I would recommend any member do - as BB has suggested, best t use PM. You don't really need to anyway as we don't have a newsletter and if/when I as the Admin need to email a member I can see their email address (but I normally use the PM function).

gentle rain