First time

Started by sarals, November 05, 2019, 08:15:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sarals

Hi

I got diagnosed with complex ptsd last year and it was quite overwhelming. 
Due to the nature of my experience I'm estranged from my parents and a lot of my family, plus I'm recently separated from my husband.
I'm feeling very alone at the moment but find it almost impossible to let anyone in.

It would be nice to communicate with people that don't need me to teach them about cptsd but just get it.
Everything is difficult at the moment.

Not Alone

Sarals,
Welcome to OOTS.  :heythere: It is a help and a relief to be able to communicate with people who "get it." I have felt much less alone and have received support and encouragement from those who are a part of this group.

No wonder "everything is difficult at the moment." You are dealing with a lot.

Jazzy

Hi Sarals; welcome!

It does feel lonely when family/parents really aren't there for you. CPTSD has a lot to it; it can be very overwhelming. Things will get better in time though! I hope things become less difficult for you soon, sending you strength until then.

Take care! :)

Snowdrop

Hi Sarals! :wave:

You're very welcome here. I hope being part of this community helps you feel less alone.

Blueberry

Welcome to the forum, sarals :heythere:

SerenHybrid

Hi there Sarals, I'm new too! Excited to speak to others and learn more about how to cope.

Three Roses

Welcome! I was so relieved to discover here on the forum a group of people who just "get it", who had the same feelings and reactions that I did. First time in my life I felt like I fit in someplace! I hope you have the same feeling.
:heythere:

Kizzie

Hi and a warm welcome to OOTS Sarals  :heythere:   I hope you feel less alone now that you are here, that's a lot you're going through right now and support from people who understand can help :grouphug:

mikenoodle

Welcome sarals!!!

This is a place of understanding and healing. People here actually understand what you're going through and that fact alone can make things better.

I'm glad that you found OOTS.