New here

Started by In the lighthouse, November 26, 2019, 11:29:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

In the lighthouse

Hello,

I registered a couple of weeks ago but have struggled to come here and read/post until today.

I don't really know where to start and find it hard to talk because my trauma has resulted in severe ocd/Scrupulosity which tells me I am not forgiving if I talk about anything and that, where ocd is concerned, has terrifying consequences.

I do need a safer place to talk and be with people that get it although I'm sorry anyone has had to go through any of this stuff.  I have PTSD with dissociative seizures and I struggle with self-harm as well as severe ocd.

I'm waiting for High Intensity CBT at the moment. I've already had that for ocd but now I know the ocd is connected to the traumas I'm now waiting for PTSD therapy.

My family and I are extremely isolated and have very little support. I'm finding it hard to trust people and my own social awkwardness means people often don't seem to warm to me. It keeps the cycle of shame going so I just get more socially awkward and isolated.

Thank you for reading this.
Sassy

bluepalm

Welcome to this valuable community, In the Lighthouse! Your post resonated with me, so thank you for posting. I also found it nerve-wracking to post anything at first, but I'm so glad I stuck with it because this safe and kind community has helped enormously over these past months to alleviate the isolation I felt, struggling alone with the consequences of complex PTSD. Reading the experiences of others and sharing my thoughts has been healing for me and I hope it becomes that way for you too.
bluepalm

Snowdrop

Hi Sassy, and welcome to the forum! :heythere:

Not Alone