Hey:)

Started by Northman, December 08, 2019, 11:14:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Northman

I`m ..... and not an native English speaker. I hope you can under stand my introduction :heythere:

I grew up with a very abusive mother like a lot of you. According to my psychologist she most probably had DID, NPD and factitious disorder imposed on an other (Munchhausen by proxy). I have a wife, a baby on the way and a stable job as a nurse. My gole is to get enough help with my c-ptsd so that i can be a god father, a good husband and a good friend. And not pass down my families abuse and neglect. I have a little sister that is also trying to learn to live a good life with c-ptsd. We try to help each other out even though we also sometimes triggers each other.

Since I`m not very good at writing English I will mostly be reading post and maybe write short comments.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

woodsgnome

Hi, Northman  :wave: . Welcome (that would be valkommen in Norwegian?

Sorry to hear of the abuses you're still dealing with, but good to see you're getting help via your therapist, this forum, and your sister. None of this lessens the pain, but it does help the experience less lonely.

I hope you find it comfortable here. And your English was very understandable.

Not Alone

Welcome.  :heythere: Your English is very clear. Congratulations on your baby. This is a safe place to find support for the issues with which we struggle with cPTSD.

Snowdrop

Hi Northman, and welcome to the forum. :heythere:

Kizzie

Hi and a very warm welcome to you Northman  :heythere: 

So sorry to hear you are struggling with CPTSD as is your sister but it sounds like you have insight into and validation of what happened to you. That in and of itself is a big step because so many of us spend the first part of recovery just trying to pin down what happened to us, validate it and then figure out what to do. Having a therapist (T) who knows about the trauma parents' NPD and DID causes is something too, many don't.   :thumbup:

There are a lot of us here who have children and who have broken the cycle; oddly enough in spite of (or maybe because of) what we went through we became compassionate, loving, supportive people and parents. We are not doomed to repeat abuse/neglect. Fortunately there is a lot more support/info about parenting avail than in the past - check out our resources here - https://cptsd.org/forum/index.php?topic=2757.0, and especially this one A Love Letter to Cycle Breaking Heroes - http://www.motherhoodandmore.com/2015/12/a-love-letter-to-the-cycle-breakers.html.   It always lifts me up.  :yes:

:grouphug:

Northman

Thank you Kizzi  :heythere: That last link made me very emotional, I had to cry a little bit. Truly inspirational. I`m going to my best.

I`ll read the other post to :) It`s grate to know that someone else have broken the circle. I never really thought I would get children because I was so scared of repeating it. My wife is grate, intelligent and have an amazing family. I know she would leave me and take good care of them If I failed. That is a big comfort as well! My therapist also have fate that I can brake it, but he always tell me I should not be to pliable either.

Kizzie

Erebor

Hello Northman, and welcome to the forum. I wish you and your family all the best. :)

Snookiebookie2

Hello Northman 

Welcome to the forum.    :heythere: