Self acceptance feels great

Started by Boatsetsailrose, December 12, 2019, 08:32:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boatsetsailrose

Today I realised that I'm actually OK with time on my own... Not for too long but much more than the average person.. Whoever the average person is :)
I am also seeing when I am with others that's when I can compare and despair let myself feel less than re my limited close social circle.
I've made a decision I don't need to do this I can live my life in the comfortable way for me.
I seem to being going through a big period of acceptance about who I am, what I do or don't do and my expectations of self some based on perseved social conditioning.
I let go of my career last Yr and now receive disability benefits I'm v grateful for this support . I seem also to be letting go of the idea I need to push to get my next career or next big thing to make me something.
I have just been diagnosed with fibro /cfs my life is different today and that's OK.

Allowing myself to be who I am with cptsd, without cptsd... And all shades in between.

I'm feeling a freedom lately of accepting and actually loving myself in all my shades and colours.
I can live how I want to and that is more than OK!

I'm 46 and have worked hard all my life from the age of 14. Ive had  3 and different careers over the yrs and trained numerous times to get them.. Trained at university in my 30s.worked many part times jobs on top of study.
Worked long hours for years and was a responsible and caring citizen. Cared for others ++ and fought for some social standing.
And NOW its time for ME

I can be slacking I can be lazy I can be unresponsible for others. I can just be, I can not know, I can not strive, I can be dependent. I can be surrendered.
I can be silly I can be scruffy I can be quiet. I can be spontaneous I can be u spontaneous. I can have no agenda, no deadlines no time frames.
I can let of critical self appraisal and self analysis.
I can just be me in this body with this heart and this spirit just here just me just free.

Not Alone

Quote from: Boatsetsailrose on December 12, 2019, 08:32:46 PM
I'm feeling a freedom lately of accepting and actually loving myself in all my shades and colours.
I can live how I want to and that is more than OK!
:party: :fireworks: :boogie:

Boatsetsailrose

Thanks not alone
Hope all well with u