Hello from Australia - Trigger Warning (abuse)

Started by b_b_bounce, August 23, 2023, 08:08:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

b_b_bounce

Hello from Australia!  (Trigger Warning - abuse)

I am new to this group. My name is "b_b_bounce" because I am learning how to be resilient and bounce back. 

I have been on an Australian forum for mental health support but I thought I would join this one as well, specifically for complex PTSD. I was officially diagnosed with CPTSD & depression & anxiety, just over 18 months ago. That was when I had a major breakdown and had to stop working. But, I had already experienced multiple depressive episodes before that throughout my life.

I know that the CPTSD stems from childhood abuse (psychological and physical from my mother), but I naively thought that I had 'dealt with that' a long time ago when I first saw a counsellor in my mid 20's. I am now realizing the extent of the impact of the childhood trauma into adulthood and mid-life - on my brain, my body, my behaviour & life choices, my relationships, my responses to stress, and my whole life in general. 

So, now it is time for healing and recovery.... Things I am doing now: I am reading a lot about trauma in general (not just CPTSD), especially about the brain and the body. I like Peter Levine's work on somatic processing. I have a great support team around me with a couple of therapists, a lovely GP, and a psychiatrist. I also have a few close friends and a couple of family members who are supporting me. I am looking forward to connecting with others on this forum.

b_b_bounce   

Hope67

NarcKiddo

Kizzie

Hi and a warm welcome Bounce, glad you have joined us  :heythere:   We are a warm and welcoming group and I hope you can add OOTS to the tools you have in your toolbox to recover and heal from CPTSD. 

:grouphug: Group hug if you're OK with that.

Kizzie

Moondance

Hi b_b_bounce  :wave:

A warm welcome to you. 

Your post totally resonates with me.

b_b_bounce

blue_sky

:heythere: Hello b_b_bounce

Warm welcome to OOTS. I am also from Australia.

:grouphug: