Keeps playing in my head

Started by Rosalee, December 22, 2019, 10:18:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rosalee

I keep having the thoughts from my horrific childhood play in my head.  I have been yelled at by my siblings to grow up, get of it, and other things.  I broke down, went to therapy and I am not the one who is crazy, or a narc as they screamed.  I was abused for all of my childhood.  I was the SG and they were the GC. I have replayed me getting home and my Nsis beating the tar out of me bcz she was picked on at school.  I had to save her bcz I was the oldest and I am supposed to do that.  But at home it was ok for her to go off on me and hurt me.  I was supposed to be ok with it bcz she was younger. What? 

I was parentified and I took care of my younger sibs bcz the parents went to work.  Split shifts so I was the caregiver to the younger ones.  My childhood ended at 6 yrs of age. I learned to speak English and I was taken everywhere to translate for my parents.  I keep reliving my enabler dad beating us up bcz he was drunk. Nmom smacking me around bcz I would question things.  I remember vividly 1st grade, teacher told us to go home and hug our moms on Sunday, for Mothers Day.  I did as I was told and mine pushed me away and asked how much I wanted.  Or a Christmas show, families were to come and watch us perform, my parents never came.  I sang my heart out and looked into the crowd of all my friends families but I got to walk home alone. There are so many of these times and I still stayed bcz that is what I am responsible for.  To take care of my parents. I find that to be a crock of poop.  They abuse me all my life and I take care of them into their old age. 

My Nmom really taught my Nsis well.  After Nmom died 1yr ago, I was changing, that is what the siblings said.  Sure,  I was, for the better for me. I was taking care of myself for the first time.  I was setting boundaries and the siblings didn't like that.   They ganged up on me and I broke down and went to help.  I was truly afraid that they were right, maybe I am the Narc and I am so horrible that I may die alone.  I don't know why I listened to them, I have a great husband and kids.  They have no one and they are judging me?  But I am getting help and I am starting to understand that they are the problem.They have not once in their miserable lives ever apologized for their actions or behaviors. 

I was the one who had to do it bcz parents told me that I had to bcz you know how they are.   I do know how they are, they horrible humans that hurt people and feel nothing, they have no moral compass, no remorse, nothing. 

I try to not focus on the trauma but sometimes its hard.  So many years of this abuse and I am tired.  Just the thought of my siblings gets me worked up.  I have been getting better but some days are harder than others.  I will continue to focus on ME, I deserve it, I deserve to be happy.

Kizzie

Hi and a warm welcome to OOTS Rosalee  :heythere:

Thank you for sharing your story.  You've been through a lot so it's no wonder you are tired out!  What may help though is something you yourself said:

QuoteI will continue to focus on ME, I deserve it, I deserve to be happy.

Yes, you totally deserve to be happy  :yes:     :applause:    :thumbup:     :cheer:

Not Alone

So sorry for all the pain and abuse you went through. Glad you are getting help. You deserve kindness and care.

Kizzie

Heart

Welcome Rosalee. It is terrible when you're so alone in a family. To be responsible and not receive any gratitude from people who should love and respect you. Here you can tell your stories and be heard.  That is respect well deserved    :applause: