Introducing myself to everyone

Started by bookworm37, December 21, 2019, 09:42:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bookworm37

I developed Complex PTSD after being neglected by my parents, then suffering sexual abuse at the hands of a family friend, and being repeatedly victimized by multiple people in my life for decades.

Currently, I am almost a year and a half sober/clean and have spent that time in treatment and therapy, both in and out of facilities. I have spent many years not understanding why I do things the way I do -- until I accidentally happened on this diagnosis. Then, it was like a door opened and light came blazing through. Suddenly, my behavior, choices, thought processes, and relationship issues all made sense. Finally, I have something to work with.

For my recovery and healing journey from this point forward, I plan to educate myself about this diagnosis (and get an official diagnosis from a professional) then get into a therapy program that will directly address the COMPLEX portion of my PTSD because it is what will lead to my healing.

Sunflower_Rising

Hi bookworm37,

I'm Sunny, I'm also new here. I'm so sorry to hear of the painful, undeserved experiences that brought you here. I could really identify with this:

Quote from: bookworm37 on December 21, 2019, 09:42:53 PM
Then, it was like a door opened and light came blazing through. Suddenly, my behavior, choices, thought processes, and relationship issues all made sense.

I felt exactly the same when I found this forum, which was the first time that I'd ever heard of CPTSD. Although I wish that this forum wasn't needed, I'm so glad that it's here, that you found it, and that you're here with us. I haven't been here long, but so far everyone has been very kind and supportive. I hope that this safe space helps us both to find healing.

Kizzie

QuoteI have spent many years not understanding why I do things the way I do -- until I accidentally happened on this diagnosis. Then, it was like a door opened and light came blazing through. Suddenly, my behavior, choices, thought processes, and relationship issues all made sense. Finally, I have something to work with.

:grouphug: 

Northman

Snowdrop

Snookiebookie2

Not Alone

Ecowarrior888

Welcome bookworm.

You are not alone <3