DOLL

Started by Not Alone, January 01, 2020, 03:37:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Not Alone

Hi. This is Hope. I am five.  :heythere:  :wave: Something really important happened so I have to tell you. For a long time I have wanted a doll. Yesterday my friend gave me a doll. She is butiful. I haven't named her yet. A name is very important. I want to take her out now and look at her, but there are too many people here, in the house, who don't know about me. This is very important news that I wanted to share with you.

:grouphug:    :grouphug:    :grouphug:    :grouphug:    :grouphug:    :grouphug:    :grouphug:    :grouphug:   

Sunflower_Rising

Thank you for sharing, Hope! That's wonderful!  :cheer: How nice to have such a good friend who would give you such a special gift. Your friend must love you very much. I agree that a name is very important. I'm sure that you will find the perfect name for your new doll. And the good thing about names is that they can change, so you can give your doll a new name if she ever needs one. I hope that you enjoy playing with her once the other people go home.

Sunny

woodsgnome

Hope,

Your sharing with us is really special. How you treasure her is also how we think of you, our special friend. Meeting your new doll friend will be wonderful. Thanks for choosing us to share your joy with. It's really great to see you happy like this.

You're fantastic!  :)

Snowdrop

That's lovely, Hope. I'm delighted you have such a good friend. Your doll sounds wonderful! :hug:

Bach

Hi, Hope, I'm pleased to meet you.  I am Middle B.  It's great that your friend gave you a doll, especially because you've wanted one for so long.  Names are important, I agree.  Maybe your doll will tell you her name!  A while ago I got a lovey all for my own.  I never had anything all for my own before.  She's a cow.  I love her.  She told me her name, but it's a secret name.  I'm glad you came here.  Bye for now!

Not Alone

Hope asked me to respond for her. (NotAlone)

She wants to thank Middle B., Snowdrop, Woodsgnome and Sunflower for responding. She thinks you are all very nice. Middle B., Hope would like to know what your cow looks like.

People on OOTS, T,and others have told Hope that she is brave. She doesn't think that she is brave or feel brave, but she wants to believe it. So she wanted to name her doll a name that means "brave." There are a lot of boys' names that mean brave, not too many girls' names. Her doll is a girl. Either she didn't like the girls' names or we know someone with that name and didn't want that. So then we looked at women who are brave. Hope really liked the person, Harriet Tubman, but not the name "Harriet." (Sorry if any of you are really named Harriet.  :Idunno:) We kept looking. I have been reading the book, Uncle Tom's Cabin. Hope said, who wrote that? Harriet Beecher Stowe. At that point Hope decided to name her doll, Harriet, with the nicknames of "Hattie" and "Hettie."

In case you don't know, Harriet Tubman was a slave in the United States in the1800s. She escaped slavery. She went back to the south many times, to help other slaves to escape and get to safety and freedom in the north. Uncle Tom's Cabin is a book about slavery written before the U.S. Civil War. It helped many people to see how bad slavery was. Stowe was brave to write that book. Many people were against her.

Sunflower, Hope also wants to thank you for reminding her that she can change the name if she decides to. That takes some of the pressure off.

Today Hope had time to hold her doll and rock her in the rocking chair. It was nice.

Thank you all for caring about Hope and for sharing her excitement and joy about her doll, Harriet.

The more Hope uses the name Harriet, the more she likes it!

Snowdrop

I'm glad that Hope was able to spend some time with Harriet in the rocking chair. I love all the thought that went into choosing that name. :hug:

Bach

Hi Hope  :wave: I tried to draw a picture of my cow for you. It doesn't really look like her but Bach said that doesn't matter as long as I had fun and I did! Bach has electronic paper I can  write and draw on with a special pen. It's cool because it doesn't have colors and i can erase stuff if I want and if I want to I can hit a button and it will all go away but if I want I can send it to the computer to keep it. I like paper and colors and stuff but the electronic paper thingy is safer. I drew Cowy on that (That's one of her names, she's got some others too). Here's my drawing:

https://imgur.com/a/aIxk3Zz

Not Alone

I think the drawing of your cow is really good. Thanks for sharing it with me.