Thank you

Started by juliaguarde, January 06, 2020, 06:04:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

juliaguarde

Hi,
I am so pleased that I found this forum. I've been actively experiencing symptoms since 6/2017. I found the site Out of the Storm over a year ago.  I was looking for an explanation for what I was experiencing.
I know about ptsd and flashbacks but I didn't know about emotional flashbacks.  I printed out Pete Walker's article on how to deal with them and went about my life.
I found this site again just about a month ago.  It seemed brand new to me. (My memory issues are one of the symptoms I have yet to find peace with.)
I am grateful to find a place that feels safe to me. I am grateful to know, finally, that what I experience makes sense given my life.  I am not experiencing neurosis, "going crazy," I am experiencing cptsd symptoms. 
Thank you to those who started this webisir and forum.
Thank you to my fellows on the path toward self love and wellness.  Or, as I'm beginning to accept, the life journey to self love and wellness. It helps me just to know I'm not alone. 

Three Roses

I also find comfort in knowing I'm not the only person who deals with these symptoms.
:heythere:

Snowdrop

Kizzie

QuoteI am not experiencing neurosis, "going crazy," I am experiencing cptsd symptoms. 

Exactly and what a relief it is to figure this out! Welcome to OOTS, glad you found your way back here again  :grouphug: 

PS - Memory issues are indeed part of CPTSD unfortunately. Here's a helpful infographic about this - https://www.nicabm.com/trauma-how-trauma-can-impact-4-types-of-memory-infographic/.

Not Alone

Quote from: juliaguarde on January 06, 2020, 06:04:51 PM
I am not experiencing neurosis, "going crazy," I am experiencing cptsd symptoms. 
The feeling of "going crazy" is awful. It is helpful to know that my mind/body is responding because of trauma.

(Kizzie, thanks. I printed the infograph.)