DIY or crafting

Started by voicelessagony2, January 26, 2015, 10:31:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

voicelessagony2

I just finished this first draft of instructions for how to make an x-acto knife.

My idea is not so much to start doing crafting instructions, but since this is recent, and possibly useful, I'm using it to start experimenting with as many different ways to package and present information as possible. In other words, I want to also make these instructions into a web page, a blog entry, a video, etc., to give myself a reason to start producing content and find which ways work best for me and hopefully get some feedback.

Please take a look and let me know what you think!

http://bit.ly/1Ct0CS8

Whobuddy

Wow, that is very impressive. The humor in the directions is great, too. What a good idea to cover the blade with the loctite stuff! Mine is sheathed in a piece of cardboard with tape.

Can you do these lessons in a way that will earn you some money? Work from home, on your own time? In your pajamas, even.  ;D

voicelessagony2

Wow thank you!! I'm so glad you like the humor... it sorta comes naturally to me.

Yeah my goal is to find something I can do from home. There are really plenty of options, I just need to pick a topic or area of expertise and stick to it.

A long long time ago I had a blog (I didn't even know what a blog was at the time! That's how long ago!) when I was going on a lot of dates b/c I was on match.com or something, and I would write "reviews" about the dates and the guys, complete with pictures! I had no intention of being funny, but I got so much feedback from people saying they just DIED laughing! I was just being honest! I can't believe I did that though... I would never dream of it now, knowing what I know about people getting sued or harassed over stuff like that.

Whobuddy

Oh, your blog must have been great! I know what you mean about not doing it now because of lawsuits and things.

I wonder if our outer critics tend to be on the humorous side. My dysfunctional family laughed a lot. As I look back, it was primarily making fun of people. I thought we must be fine if we could laugh together. How wrong I was... :doh:

voicelessagony2

Quote from: Whobuddy on January 30, 2015, 02:08:39 AM
Oh, your blog must have been great! I know what you mean about not doing it now because of lawsuits and things.

I wonder if our outer critics tend to be on the humorous side. My dysfunctional family laughed a lot. As I look back, it was primarily making fun of people. I thought we must be fine if we could laugh together. How wrong I was... :doh:

Yeah you know how "The Daily Show" never runs out of material, between the news and the politicians? I never ran out of material because SINGLE GUYS can be soooo stupid! LOL, now I really do wish I could find that old blog, I wish I had kept a copy of it somewhere!

My mom's family, which is really my only family, always loved to laugh... not at people, at each other! I have some great memories of them, some have already passed on, the rest are very dear to me. She had 4 sisters and 2 brothers. Now there are 2 sisters and 1 brother, and they all still have their sense of humor. I always wondered how the same family could be so fun and loving, yet still be so deeply disturbed. I think maybe they use humor to keep the dirty secrets buried.