Our Wonderful Healing Porch - Part 7

Started by Kizzie, January 08, 2020, 06:05:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armee

Thanks for inviting us to visit you here on the healing porch. It's a beautiful fall day and I just am loving being wrapped in a warm blanket near friends and a warm fireplace. Im lying next to the warm fireplace and remembering my times with my grandparents. I just finished braiding a couple loaves of fig challah and they are rising on the counter for dinner later tonight after we finish off those delicious sweet muffins and jams San brought.

Blueberry

Yay san! :wave: Thanks for inviting us. I'd honestly forgotten all about the Healing Porch. I'm lying in a hammock swaying gently to and fro enjoying having you safe people around and enjoying the fresh air and the scents it brings, like roses.

(We're just on the very top of page 5 so please don't start a new Porch rn, Kizzie ;) )

woodsgnome

Thanks for updating this thread, Sanmagic.

There's barely a day when thoughts of the safe and beautiful ambience to be found on and around The Healing Porch don't somehow drift into my thoughts. In my own symbolism, I picture thoughts as tumbling over a rushing waterfall -- some are relevant and land at just right place and freshen the day, no matter how bad things can seem.

Those healing feelings that are found here are always needed -- comforting, too, but mostly empowering me to make it through -- and to see beyond -- the quagmire called life.

So I say hello to all who arrive here, where we can discard the past and current griefs while taking in the beauty and safety we always know can be found here, at the Healing Porch.

:umbrella:

alliematt

I'm enjoying some quiet here except for an old time radio show I'm listening to. :: pours glass of lemonade ::

sanmagic7

i'm sitting in front of the cabin in the woods, a line in the water, simply enjoying being here.  i brought some raspberry muffins for anyone who cares to nibble a bit, along w/ lemonade.  even that sounds relaxing.  enjoy!

Kizzie

Lovely to see you on the porch San and thanks for bringing treats  :hug:  No-one has been here for a while so it's good to see it back in use. I always think of sitting out on a cool starry night and having a lovely warm, crackling fire to stare into.

sanmagic7

Thanks to blueberry for reminding me about this place.  the magic of it is that everyone can find their own kind of soothing and calm here.  thanks to wife2 for starting it. 

Bermuda

I've decided to climb down from the branch that cradled and shadowed me. I no longer have to watch the sparks shoot off the fire and dance around me until they slowly die out to know they will die out.

I'd rather warm myself by the embers and poke around in the ashes. I'd rather sit in silence among others, alike or not at all. I want to eat vegan s'mores, even if they've never been my favourite. Marshmallow and Graham cracker only. Maybe someone prefers theirs with double chocolate and will be grateful for me and my peculiarities. Or maybe not. Either way, I am content to sit in silence at a reasonable distance to observe and suppose.

sanmagic7

bermuda, i'd be happy to share those s'mores with you!  they sound just right, and a fire on the beach, listening to the waves lapping, seabirds calling overhead, some of them brazen enough to nip at any crumbs laying around, which makes me laugh.  there's a slight breeze that ruffles the tide every so often. deep breath, and relax. 

Armee

I'm here to eat any extra unwanted chocolate! And to pretend like I can play a lovely ukulele lullaby beautifully for you both. Which I can't but on the porch I can.

woodsgnome

The night needed music ... just now, what's that? A harp, no; perhaps a guitar being softly strummed, no. Hmmm ...  :whistling:  Yes, a ukelele; has to be.

Arriving at the seaside fire ring, sat the loveliest crowd, munching a bit, enjoying a few s'mores and chocolates, but mostly a powerful vibe of what used to be called 'peace beyond understanding.'

Not wanting to disturb, I'm still drawn, and ... the vibe carries all forward, in silent peace, like we've always wanted. It's so simple, and yet so many never understood that. We do, and treasure these moments.

:grouphug:

radical

Hi Woodsgnome and everyone.

I've been thinking of you recently, WG, and out of the blue, through some blunder most likely, OOTF appeared on my front-page, top menu and on clicking, it opened with my lost username and password automatised.

I never understand these machines.  But I call it 'serendipity'.

I'm charging my mower battery and feeling lazy, and my back is hurting but the lawn in spring is now beyond 'luxurious'.

It's such a nice day here, I don't want it to be night yet.  But across the ocean where you are I'm wishing you deep, peaceful sleep, because I think it us the middle of the night across the equator.

I need to get up off this porch now.  The battery has finished.

Warmest wishes

Not Alone

It has been too long since I've been here and I need the peace. I'm enjoying staring into the fire, watching the dancing flames and hearing the gentle waves and the sound of the breeze rustling the leaves. Mostly, I'm enjoying conversation with friends. Beautiful.

woodsgnome

Why must this place be so distant? It seems I have instant access to my Grief Garden, but this Healing Porch is so elusive, and hard to get to. It seems so far away, and it can be tiring to get here.

I'd like it so much more if it wasn't so hard  to reach, and then  only when I'm desperate and need its comfort. Once there, it's so peaceful, yet energizing by the same token. Maybe it's supposed to be hard to get to; perhaps the difficulty helps create the magic spell it holds? Must places like the Healing Porch always be distant?

I don't care. I just know it's a place I'm meant to be. Sure, so does the Grief Garden, and it would be naive to miss its transformative paths. Or is the Healing Porch close to it and I never realized it? . Knowing the presence of the Healing Porch and its awesome setting would always be worth the trip.

But I think it only seems far away. I can always dig a piece of soil from there to tuck in my heart, where my tears of separation can nourish new growth, wherever I am. Even in the Grief Garden. in that way I can always feel connected to the Healing Porch. And to Hope.  :sunny:

a

OwnSide

Hi. I'm here.

I'm curled up on one of those camping couches watching the fire. Eyes drifting open and closed. The heat, the movement, and the sound makes the fire seem alive, like a comforting figure watching over me.

It's nice to be alone for my first time. But if anyone wants to join, I could just as easily fall asleep to some friendly chatter.