Our Wonderful Healing Porch - Part 7

Started by Kizzie, January 08, 2020, 06:05:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kizzie

The healing porch thread was started back in 2017 (https://cptsd.org/forum/index.php?topic=6910.0):

QuoteI would like to make this the official home of the healing porch.

This is an idea several of us have come up with and want to maintain.

What we already know about the healing porch - first, it is imaginary. But, based on some real facts. It resembles the photo in my profile picture (an actual house I wish I could buy... ahh, if wishes were houses, I'd own it today).

Second, the porch wraps all the way around the house. Those who enjoy sun can sit in the un-roofed section, those who don't so much can even enjoy the screened in section. There are chairs, tables, swings, sofas, easy chairs.

Third, there is a beach and ocean just off the one side of the house. This ocean has crystal blue water, the sand never gets too hot to walk on.

Off another side of the porch is a middle/large concrete area for chalk expression and art. Hopscotch is popular over here.

Forest and lawn are represented off the other two porch sides. This is a magical healing porch, so it can shift as is needed for your healing time with us.

We have board games, bug lights, blankets of healing, peace, comfort, acceptance, rest and many other necessary emotions. They are scattered about the porch and you are welcome to wrap yourself in whichever blank you need. Fear not, this is a magical porch - if everyone needs acceptance, there will be enough to go around.

Refreshing beverages are always available - sorry, folks - one thing I feel strongly about, no alcohol. It blocks healing. Otherwise, all drinks are just waiting, cold or hot as is best for that beverage.

Snacks and light meals are also all around - fruit bowls, vegetable trays. Any vegan can be as well fed as the omnivores (including me) on this porch. If food is part of your challenge, there will always be a 'food-free' side to remove that as an issue during your time on the healing porch.

We've just had the suggestion that my puppies join us on the porch. I think it's a wonderful idea. In fact, if anyone has a pet, please bring it! We have shelving to hold aquariums, window jambs that would hold 20 pound cats, places for puppies to run and fetch, and whatever your pet wants or needs. Because this is a magical porch, messes clean themselves and no pet would DREAM of harming another pet.

All suggestions are welcome!! This is a place for all of us. It started as a mental image to help some of us remember to relax, breathe and enjoy each others' support. It's a great place to get acquainted with your inner child - everyone is safe here. There are games and friends to play them with. There are journals that nobody would ever dream of reading. There are phones and friends waiting on the other end to hear from you.

It is a place of healing. And community (I hear hopscotch is THE game this summer). Welcome.

Each part runs for 5 pages and then it's locked and a new part is started so it's easier to load and read.

Bach

I like it here.  I'm going to sit in the sun.

Blueberry

From reading elsewhere on the forum, it seems we maybe need a few blankets of self-compassion on the Porch. ;)

Kizzie

I need to an evening or two sitting around the bonfire under the stars.  I've brought some extra blankets for anyone who wants to join me.  We don't have to talk, just listen to the fire crackle and know we are safe in each other's company.

Boatsetsailrose

Today I feel it would be nice to do a group hug sitting in a circle..
Telling each other things we admire in the other going around the circle.. When it's each person's turn the others will go around and speak their admiration and seen qualities of that person

juliaguarde

Quote from: Kizzie on January 09, 2020, 04:36:53 PMWe don't have to talk, just listen to the fire crackle and know we are safe in each other's company.
Thank you. I will join you and listen to the fire and any who only need listening.

Kizzie

:grouphug:  for you Boats and welcome Julia, haven't seen you here before but glad you found our lovely  safe space here  :hug:

Not Alone

Tonight I'm wearing comfy clothes, wrapped in a blanket, sitting at the fire while feeling comforted by hearing my friends around me chatting quietly.

juliaguarde

Quote from: Kizzie on January 10, 2020, 05:48:19 PM
...and welcome Julia, haven't seen you here before but glad you found our lovely  safe space here  :hug:
I feel warm and welcome.
Quote from: notalone on January 11, 2020, 01:29:30 AM
Tonight I'm wearing comfy clothes, wrapped in a blanket, sitting at the fire while feeling comforted by hearing my friends around me chatting quietly.
Stay comfy. There are comfort blankets over by you if you should want one.

Not Alone

Thank you, Juliaguarde. That is thoughtful.

sanmagic7

thanks, julia - i'd like to share one of those comfy blankets, too.  i just want to sit in my rocker on the porch, surrounded by any and all who are here, and just know that i am cared about by the loveliest people i've never met.  it just feels warm and wonderful here.

BeautifulCrazy

This is my first time on the porch.
It's sooo lovely.

QuoteI am cared about by the loveliest people I've never met
Thank you for that Sanmagic.

I'd like to share briefly in your circle Boats...
I'd like to share my admiration of everybody here.
I admire your courage in allowing yourself to be vulnerable here.
I admire your willingness to share after so much hurt.
I admire your honesty in self-reflection.
I admire your compassion and love for others.
I admire your dedication to building and maintaining a safe space here.
You are beautiful.

Now I think I'll go sit by the fire and quietly strum my guitar.

Boatsetsailrose

What section of the forum is the healing porch please? I can't see....

Not Alone

My Community  Community Corner  Creative Expressions  Other  Our Wonderful Healing Porch - Part 7

Hope this helps, Boatsetsailrose.

sanmagic7

i'm here for a few days - just need to catch my breath.

blanket,rocker, fireplace, cabin, lake sounds, birds chirping, crickets at nite, comfy bed.  i'm set.