Our Wonderful Healing Porch - Part 7

Started by Kizzie, January 08, 2020, 06:05:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snowdrop

I'll bring you a hot drink of your choice and leave it right where you need it to be. :hug:

Boatsetsailrose

Ha ha found it thank u..
So pleased to be here I need some healing right now. My body aches so much from cfs /fibro...
Needing understanding, hugs, warm blanket and fire, the star sky and distraction...

sanmagic7

thanks, snowdrop - hot choco sounds great right now. :hug:

glad you made it, bssr - warm blanket filled with healing energy and pain relief coming your way.  if i may, i'll sit w/ you by the fire for a bit, we can watch it dance and listen to it crackle - maybe that'll work for a little distraction.  also a hug filled w/ love and understanding :hug:

juliaguarde

I return to this lovely porch today in need of comfort and peace.  Much has happened in my life over the last month and a half.
I take a blanket of comfort and sit in a supportive glide to watch the wind blow through the trees. 
I feel afraid but there are safe people and safe places. I'm here to remind all of me of that.

alliematt

I need a blanket, a hammock, and outdoors in the shade.

Bringing lemonade and chocolate chip cookies for anyone who would like to share them with me.

woodsgnome

Having viewed a spectacular sunset  :sunny: over the calm water, I'm starting a fire for warmth and ambience. Then I'll wrap up in some cozy blankets, brew some relaxing tea, then share the night with stars and what's left of this moon's waning magic.

Often this is the only place that makes sense to me. My other 'home' is peaceful, for sure; but wherever I go, the memories and bad stuff inevitably creep in and ... well, I feel out-of-sorts, like I can't fit in anywhere. Sure, I cope and try to work it out, but still can't attain that whole peace I crave more than anything.

So I come to the porch. I think it's so cool/wonderful/extraordinary that those of us who value this sort of place don't seek out castles, mansions, houses filled with fancy gadgets, etc. Instead we come here, to a beautiful, elegant area anchored by a lovely, simple place with the perfect name -- Healing Porch.

Everything we really desire is here at the Porch. Words aren't really adequate, so these are just some thoughts swirling around as the night descends. Once more I can feel safe.   :zzz:

marta1234

This is the first time I've come to the Healing Porch. One part of me is having a very hard time with bad memories, and so I think I owe it to her to come here and let her be safe.
She'll be allowed to let her feet touch the sand and be for the first time ok. I think I'll just let her explore, the wood, the water, and so on. I'll be keeping an eye on her, but I know she'll be safe. It's just to make sure that she knows I'll always be here.
I'll be sitting in a chair, with some tea, and hopefully I can join woodsgnome today.

Thank you so much for having this safe place.

woodsgnome

marta1234 wrote:  ... "hopefully I can join woodsgnome today." Yes ... another wonderful aspect of the Porch -- finding this safe place to be with the others who, whatever has happened, find their way here as well, to a place so different but finally calming, an honest place to share.

Welcome marta1234  :hug: ... there's some tea waiting.

sanmagic7

i'm here today, too.  feeling very vulnerable as i talked about some things w/ my t today of which i've never spoken, never consciously brought up before.  i'm in my rocker, on the porch, listening to the waves wash ashore, ebb and flow, like a gentle heartbeat of healing.  lemonade and choco chip cookies sound marvelous.  thanks to all of you.  this place is magic.

juliaguarde

Today I bring a magic pot of soup. It is never ending, self cleaning, and will pour you the bowl of your choice.  I feel afraid but I long for community.  Here in this porch, I can bring comfort and find it for myself as well. 
I'll be off eating my chicken tortilla soup in a sunny spot in the woods. 
Please take some warm comfort for yourself, if you'd like to. 

Snowdrop

Ooh, chicken noodle soup for me please. Thank you so much, Julia, that's very thoughtful of you.

woodsgnome

Comfort, soup in the sunny woods, and community -- it doesn't get any better.

Thanks for this gift to all, Juliaguarde ...  :grouphug:

Not Alone

Tonight, sitting by the fire on the beach, wrapped in a blanket, surrounded by stuffed animals (happy to share). I am listening to the waves lapping onto shore and looking at the stars. Come join me. I would enjoy your company.

Blueberry

I'm happy to join you. And because we're at our wonderful magic Healing Porch, the coronavirus can't touch us so we don't have to sit 1.5 metres apart.

Snowdrop