Introduction post

Started by Heart, January 11, 2020, 10:41:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heart

Hi, don't know if I'm doing this right..but I wanted to introduce myself to all of you.
Everything really was started before I was born. My parents having had their childhood during wartime. Grew up to be dysfunctional adults. In a short time had too many children. Where I am the youngest and the only girl. Sooo...no care, no food, no attention and that was at infancy. Father who was an alcoholic and a mother who was a narcissist...didn't make for a "normal " family life. Let's just say that it was a perfect storm.
Life hasn't been easy. But I am so grateful to have a wonderful husband since 26 years.
Eventhough I didn't live in my past, my past lives in me. Only now I have come to recognize what has been happening to me is the symptoms of cptsd. So I hope I can get out of the storm finally.
This is a dream of mine actually, too be able to communicate with folks like me...to encourage one another.  So Hi! thank you for listening.

Not Alone

Three Roses

juliaguarde

Snowdrop

woodsgnome

Hey, Heart -- welcome to a place of sanctuary. Here you might find it easier to begin that dream of reaching out to and sharing the ins and outs of what living with cptsd is -- for better or worse -- really like. It's a condition like no other and as hard as any to get past the overall sense of numbness, pain, and horrible confusion.

May your journey here be one that you find hopeful in a world where that quality is hard to come by.

Heart

Thank you all so much.
Have tried to write more about myself, but it doesn't work yet.
I just have come to understand that I have cptsd and not PTSD- so my brain is still sifting through the symptoms of cptsd. Things that I have thought was a part of me. So I am very limited to do anything else...😔

Bach

Welcome, Heart!  :heythere: Please remember to be patient with yourself and don't try to do too much too quickly.  You have time and space to heal.

Heart

Thank you Bach. I've always been racing through what I do, due to my tyrant M. So either I'm lethargic or going in 200km/h. Haven't seen anyone else having the same issue... So now I am really for the first time saying to myself that I am doing things in my own speed. Eventhough I don't know what it is...yet.