Social fears and this forum

Started by juliaguarde, January 12, 2020, 04:15:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

juliaguarde

:grouphug:
I have intermittent but overpowering social fears that can keep me from even opening this forum for a few days.
I don't know, since many probably also share my difficulties, whether to post in the checkout area or not. I understand it to mean more than a few days of a break.  Is that the understanding of the forum?
Thanks

Hope67

Hi Juliaguarde,
I have been struggling myself with posting in the forum lately - and I think that the checkout area is usually used if someone is considering a planned break, rather than not posting for a while due to other reasons such as you mention. 

Sending you a hug, if that's ok  :grouphug: and hope that you're able to post when you feel able to.
Hope  :)

woodsgnome

Hyper-sensitivity runs deep in my reactions. I sense that feeling is shared by many who post here. Sometimes, my very active (and annoying) inner critic literally shouts that as I'm a nobody and have nothing to say,  :blahblahblah: I should sit on the sidelines. While I'm very good at that, I've also found it can be helpful to stretch my comfort zone on occasion as well.

I have a very thin support system as it is (partially by .my own choice) -- basically what I feel safest relying on at the moment is my therapist, the insights that come via reading on here, and selected other readings that complement my quest to live with and maybe even thrive despite a dire history of abuse stretching back to earliest infancy.

As to the in/out feature you were wondering about, I concur with Hope67 that its most useful for those intending to be traveling someplace or otherwise know they won't be able to post for a stretch of time (more than a few days).

It can be tough reading here, so breaks are certainly understandable, as is the difficulty in general of trying to write about what's so hard to explain and even harder to understand. The key to remember is -- everyone on here has been through the wringer as well, so unlikely to harshly critique someone else's approach to things brought up in various posts.

Kizzie

HI Julia, the intent of the checking out area is for those who are leaving for a period of time or moving on so no need to post there if you're not on the forum for a few days or weeks.

Posting here is all about when you feel comfortable doing so. There is no pressure to post, we will be here when you're ready.   :yes:    :)

:grouphug: