My feelings are my children

Started by sigiriuk, September 07, 2019, 11:43:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sigiriuk

Some of my feelings terrify me - because they are so hateful and violent, contradictory, hurtful but these are my feelings.

And ANY feeling makes me realise I must alive, that trauma did not kill my emotional world.
However you choose to judge them, does not change the fact that they are mine.

I love them  like they are my children - no matter how wayward, or embarrassing.
And don't anyone dare say I must not have them - or say that they aren't the correct feelings.
I will not be shamed for having feelings.

So, do not tell me what I must feel - they are my children - I created them.

Hope67

Hi Slim,
I find your writing very humbling and I really think it's such a great thing that you've written.  It's helpful to me at the moment, as I am trying to be compassionate and accepting of my feelings, and to hear you talk about your feelings in such a caring and amazing way, it is really great.  Your children, your creation, your feelings. 
Hope  :)

woodsgnome

Slim, your thoughtful post reminds me of a similar analogy I once read and have tried to incorporate. In it, the author notes how often we try to shove all the distractions of what we didn't like about ourselves aside.

So he suggested we treat them as if they are meant to belong to us, almost as if they showed up unannounced at our door, for whatever reason. And we let them in, no matter, as we recognize them as ourselves -- no matter whether they seem a version of ourselves that we like or dislike. They -- be they feelings or a 'lost' inner child -- just are, and deserve to be fully accepted for the message and/or love they represent in your life.

:hug:

sigiriuk

Thx Hope 67, and Woodsgnome for your kind words.

I hope it inspires you, as your words inspire me
Slim