Thank you for the shelter from the storm

Started by A Phoenix, January 26, 2020, 04:25:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A Phoenix

Good morning....today I get to acknowledge the CPTSD that seems to dictate my reactions to the life around me.  When I was first diagnosed there was no one to share that with.  I had been sucked in by a psychopath' that recognized my vulnerabilities.  I am four years divorced, the cost was high and I have yet to find a peaceful existence.  Due to a car accident while working I am on medical leave.  I have been left alone long enough that my head is eating my heart and making my soul sick....if that makes any sense.  I will spend some time reading and reacquainting myself with the depth of this ailment.  Being here will help me stay afloat emotionally, physically I am trapped in the cattle call that is our medical system!! Thanks for reading.

Not Alone

woodsgnome

It often seems like there's nowhere to turn to for support and understanding; let alone answers to any of this confusing stack of pain known as cptsd. While that's an okay label, it feels more like utter and total heartbreak much of the time.

It can be soothing to at least know you're not alone here. As you hinted, it's hard to find meaningful, caring relief within much of what's left of society's 'health care' options. Here at least you'll find real caring people who are struggling, but by being here are showing signs of hoping that things can still change for the better.

:hug:

Three Roses

Welcome to the community! I've found a camaraderie here I've never found anywhere else. My hope is that you find the same here with us. Thanks for joining.
:heythere: