Not Alone: Reduced Visibility; One Step at a Time

Started by Not Alone, February 03, 2020, 11:23:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bach

To me, virtual therapy vs in-person therapy makes a huge difference.  I can't do teletherapy because there's something about sitting in front of a camera that makes me feel horrifically vulnerable, so I have to do it over the regular phone, and I hate it.  Your success with virtual therapy is encouraging, and I appreciate you sharing it.  Hopefully a better situation is coming soon for all of us  :hug: :grouphug:

Hope67

Hi Notalone,
I read what you wrote a couple of days ago, and felt a strong whoosh of emotion when I read it, so I sensed that many of my Littles were relating to what you'd written about the significance of your Littles being able to see your T in person.  I am really glad that it went well.  Sending you and your Littles safe and gentle hugs, if that's ok  :hug: :hug:
Hope  :)

Not Alone

Snowdrop, Bach, & Hope: Thank you for understanding and for sharing your thoughts.  :grouphug:

Not Alone

I was talking to T about a memory. He said something that feels profound to me. He said, ". . .welcoming the painful, humiliating, dehumanizing memory." Even though I have begged God to show me the truth about my past (lots of struggles with believing my memories), my memories/flashbacks have felt like unwanted, disruptive, intrusions. Welcoming the memory is an alleviating shift for me. Also, welcoming the memory, means welcoming the Little who experienced that particular abuse.

Today I asked the Little, who experienced a recent memory, to sit by me. I told her that I accepted her, loved her, and that Therapist and I believed her. She was concerned that she would need to remember more details of the abuse. I reassured her that if she did remember more, it was okay, but she did not have to try to remember more. She was physically feeling some of the memory on her back. I asked her if she knew how we could make that go away. She said, "erase it." I rubbed her back for awhile to "erase" the physical imprint. I told her that if she felt it more, she could come to me and I'd rub her back more or she could rub it with her own hand. I told her that we weren't erasing the memory. It happened and we believe her. We were erasing the physical feeling. The abuse wasn't happening now and it will never happen again. After awhile she smiled and ran off to play.

Not Alone

Thank you, Snowdrop. I'm so grateful to you for sharing your journey. You have been an inspiration and have given me a lovely picture of IFS. In fact, when I sat with the Little today, I was thinking of you. I realized that the way you interact with your Parts is not an exact fit for me right now, and allowed myself to interact with her in a way that fits for me.  :grouphug:

Snowdrop

How you interacted with her sounded perfect, Notalone. She was heard, welcomed, loved, accepted, believed and reassured. That must have been so healing for her. :grouphug:

Not Alone

marta1234

Sending you love, Notalone. I also wanted to say what Snowdrop said, that it indeed sounded healing. I'm very happy for you. It made me wonder to try it out too if I can.  :hug:

Not Alone

Thank you, Marta. If you do decide to "try it out," if you are comfortable sharing, I would be honored to hear your experience. Trust yourself and proceed in a way that fits for you.  :hug:

Bach

That brought a tear to my eye, notalone. Thank you for sharing :hug:  :grouphug:

Not Alone

Tee

:hug: that's great work notalone?  I'm glad you were able to connect with your little and comfort her.  I'm still working on that. Send love for you and your little :hug:

Not Alone

Pioneer

Notalone, your little you sounds very sweet and it sounds like you both had a precious and productive talk. Thank you for sharing about it. I know it is helpful for me to hear about your talk as I am exploring what needs to heal in myself, too. Sending you and your little you a  :hug: