Not Alone: Reduced Visibility; One Step at a Time

Started by Not Alone, February 03, 2020, 11:23:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tee

marta1234

:hug: sending hugs to you notalone and your parts. I'm sorry you're having such a difficult time. Sending a blanket your way (if it's ok) :hug:

Snowdrop

I hear you, Notalone. Can I bring you a cup of tea, and perhaps put a soft blanket round your shoulders? :grouphug:

sanmagic7

sending love to you, tee, and a hug filled with caring :hug:  hope you can settle a bit after you see your t.

Not Alone

Tee, Marta, Snowdrop, & San: I'm so grateful for your support. It means so much to me. I am feeling the care and kindness in your blankets, tea, and hugs.

The current situation is one where a major decision was made that affects me greatly and in many areas. I felt like I had very little say and no control. I'm looking into what options are available. Still real limited control and say, but taking what control that I can. There is a whole lot more behind all this, but that is a shadow of what I am walking through right now.

I am looking forward to seeing (online) my therapist tomorrow. He has been away, so it has been 10 days. All the current craziness needs to be discussed. Added to that, the Littles are very distraught and also just feeling needy.

Breathe.

Tee

:hug: I feel the same out of control.  Hugs I hope things get better soon for us all. :hug:

Not Alone

Quote from: notalone on October 01, 2020, 12:57:35 AM
The current situation is one where a major decision was made that affects me greatly and in many areas. I felt like I had very little say and no control. I'm looking into what options are available. Still real limited control and say, but taking what control that I can.
This morning I sent an email to someone, hoping for some answers to my situation.

On two nights this week, I've had two new Littles show up. To me the timing seems weird, considering I'm in the middle of an "adult" real-time serious situation.

Snowdrop

Sending that email sounds very proactive, Notalone.

QuoteOn two nights this week, I've had two new Littles show up. To me the timing seems weird, considering I'm in the middle of an "adult" real-time serious situation.

Sometimes I get new parts showing up because I'm in the middle of a real-time serious situation. I think something about it activates them, so they start making themselves known.

I hope it goes well with your therapist. :grouphug:

Not Alone

Thank you, Snowdrop. Feeling your support just before going into therapy session. Thanks for sharing that you have new parts that sometimes show up during those times. Helps me not to feel so wacky.

sanmagic7

Not Alone

Hugging you back, San.  :hug:

I felt understood and validated by my therapist, regarding current situation. Someone replied to the email that I sent this morning, but only that they forwarded it to the correct person. I don't know who that is, so feeling the loss of control again. I hope that person contacts me tomorrow. I also have a phone call appointment with someone tomorrow. Hopefully I can ask the right questions and get some clear answers. The whole issue is out of my league.

Hope (5 year old Little) spent some time with T, not talking about issues, just connecting. That was good and needed. After my session I visited a friend. She knows Hope and Hope had her doll and friend read Hope a couple of stories. That nurturing time was very needed and appreciated.

Hope67

Hi Notalone,
It's great that you felt understood and validated by your therapist regarding the current situation.  I also think it's great that Hope spent some time with your T connecting.  Your friend reading the stories to Hope, that is so lovely and I'm glad she enjoyed them.

I came over here today to your Journal, because I wanted to thank you for something you'd said to someone else (elsewhere in the forum) that was about mentioning what kind of car you drive, as a way to get the brain back online and out of an EF - because I was able to use it last night, and it really helped me.  So I wanted to thank you for sharing that information - thank you.  :hug:

Hope  :)

Not Alone

Hope, Thank you for taking the time to let me know that what I had written was helpful. It inspired me to find the article that I had read. I started a separate post. https://cptsd.org/forum/index.php?topic=13823.0

Not Alone

My phone call appointment today was helpful. I understood most of what the person said and she answered my questions clearly and without making me feel like I was stupid. Now the ball is back in someone else's court, and I will need to wait for responses and decisions. After the phone call I broke down in tears; the stress of the situation has been so much. I still feel the waves of anxiety about this issue, but at least I'm not free falling any more.