Not Alone: Reduced Visibility; One Step at a Time

Started by Not Alone, February 03, 2020, 11:23:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tee

:hug: hugs that's awesome that he can hold it for you until you are ready to talk about. :hug:

Not Alone

Thank you, Tee. It does help to have T hold that issue.

TW:  Pet

Our cat died today. We had him for 16 1/2 years. Obviously, I have feelings from now, current life/real time. Also, trying to care for my family and how they are feeling. It also brings up some triggering things from the past.

So many other things going on too.

woodsgnome

I've known that loss of a beloved pet so many times. So often they are the only friends we need at times when things are rough.

:hug:

Bach

I'm sorry for your loss, notalone, and that you must also deal with related triggers. Emotional things are so complex that way. Sending you love and warm thoughts :hug:

Hope67

Hi notalone,
I am also very sorry for your loss.  Sending you a heartfelt hug  :hug:
Hope  :)

Tee

:hug: I'm sorry for your Loss my friend.    :hug: Hope you can find comfort with your family. :hug:

Not Alone

Woodsgnome, Bach, Hope, Tee: Thank you for your kind words. Your empathy touches my heart.

Felt down today. Slept quite a bit. Some of that from medication I took last night. Loss. Our cat. Other things that I don't want to state.

marta1234

Notalone, I'm so sorry for your loss. I know it's very hard. Please don't forget to take care of yourself  :hug: Sending you support and a hug.  :hug:

Blueberry

I'm so sorry for you loss  :'(  :hug: Pets are an indescribable support, heart-wrenching when they're gone. :hug:

owl25

I am very sorry for your loss. Pets mean so much to us and it's really hard when we lose them.  :hug:

Not Alone

Marta, Blueberry, Owl; thank you for your sympathy. I still keep expecting to see our cat, I actually just thought I heard him coming down the stairs! Letting myself feel the sadness. The guilt is on a shelf to deal with at another time. It hooks into some pretty dark stuff.

Bach

It can take a while to stop expecting a cat to be around.  I was seeing my 17 year cat around the house out of the corner of my eye for months.  It was very odd at first but then it started feeling more like a friendly ghost.   

:hug: :grouphug:

Not Alone

rainydiary

Notalone, I didn't read deeply but got enough to notice you have lost a beloved cat.  I am holding you in my heart. 

Not Alone