Desperate-please help

Started by no_more_fear, April 04, 2015, 02:04:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boatsetsailrose

Hello
My mental health has been deeply affected - I first became unwell over 20 yrs ago - it's a journey and it's good to meet others on a similar journey -

I had disassociation and when I was helped to realise where I had come from was not normal it was the start of a healing path- I have always had bits of 'it wasn't real ' something like I'm making it up 'dramatising ' but I know this was part of the mistreatment and so that brief is not true

Anxiety and fear feel like the worse places on earth and for can tip into terror -

Writing helps get a journal and write out thoughts and feelings without judging them - just get it out

Denial is a protective factor and so while this is a difficult time - you actually are in a place to uncover and deal with things with support

Nurturing things help and keep life as simple as you can - taking time off work has been such a benefit when I've been struggling - putting myself 1st
Things will get better - get all the support u can and keep remebering this is the start of your healing recovery -
There is always light xx

no_more_fear

Thank you Rrecovery and Boatsetsailrose.

Everything you have both said means so much. I'm going to take some time out now and listen to music. I abandoned my love of music quite a while ago because it made mother unhappy, but I love it, so I'm not denying it anymore. Exercise is a great idea too. I haven't exercised in months because she disliked it.

Thank you both again.

Kizzie

Hi No More Guilt  :wave:   I can see that you are settling in nicely and getting support from our wonderful community and just wanted to add a very warm welcome to OOTS  :hug: