Herbal remedies

Started by Sasha, February 21, 2020, 01:34:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sasha

Hi all. I’m wondering whether anyone does or has successfully use herbal and natural remedies to manage their CPTSD symptoms? If so, please can you tell me what you use and what symptoms they help?

Last night, on day 3 of major symptoms following a trigger and concurrent breakdown of functioning, I drank a herb tea mix with: Passion flower, lime flower and chamomile. It seemed to take the edge off and I felt relaxed afterwards, and pleasantly sleepy. Which makes a change from the twitchy overtired kind of exhausted I’ve been for days.

I used to make herb tea mixtures years ago, and am going to go to the herb shop later to buy some ingredients.

Am thinking to create specific treatment strategies for the different stages of my trauma response symptoms:

• shock (straight after trigger)
• dissociation, disorientation, de-realisation
• confusion and cognitive fogginess
• exhaustion and over-tiredness
• hyper-vigilance and anxiety
• tension headaches and occular migraines
• aching body (usually from where I’ve been hunched up and very still for days)

Sending my thoughts to everyone affected by trauma x

Snowdrop

I find Bach Rescue Remedy helpful. It's good for shock, and I find it really helps take the edge off things.

I usually have some form of chamomile tea every evening as well, as it helps me get to sleep.

Snowdrop

There's also tulsi tea. This can help to ease any fogginess. It gives me clarity and helps me think better.