Work

Started by Blueberry, February 22, 2020, 02:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blueberry

In the past little while I can feel more of a willingness to do paid work and more of an interest in it, less fear. Considering the number of posts of mine over on the Employment board, this is quite a bit of progress. I applied for a little one-off job on Tuesday where I will be doing just a couple of hours for a bit more than minimum wage and there's no preparation and no overheads the way there are with my freelance work. I will be doing something completely different. It's good for me to feel: I can do this.

Also I am reducing volunteer work, or at least not adding any. This means I'm making space for the increasing willingness and ability to do paid work. I remember once in occupational therapy I said that if I were working 'normally' again, it would mean I'd be healed. So with these developments now, I can say I'm definitely further along the road to healing.

Around my freelance work there is progress too: I have more students than I have had for a while and I'm managing to work on several different 'projects' at the same time, i.e. the usual plus improving my advertising. It used not to be possible for me to do things concurrently like that.

Snowdrop

This sounds really positive. :applause: and :cheer:.

FreedomFromTrauma

Great job Blueberry!

Not Alone

Kizzie

Love hearing about your progress BB - congrats!   :applause:    :hug:     :thumbup:

bluepalm

"So with these developments now, I can say I'm definitely further along the road to healing." - This is such a satisfying thing to be able to say. Progress to be cherished Blueberry.  :cheer:

Blueberry

Thank you everybody! :) :) :hug: