Sexually dysfunctional post RA (TW)

Started by RA-Survivor, February 25, 2020, 01:49:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RA-Survivor

I'm sexually dysfunctional, due to my extensive trauma history. I had no sexual arousal even when seeing complete nakedness during sex. I said I don't understand what sex means as an adult. Every time when there's sexual intimacy, I feel extreme humiliation all over again, as though the abuse was happening again. I was abused from age 1-24, suffered extreme sexual, physical and psychological ritual abuse. Plus, I always have the tendency to feel forced during sex, resembling rape, with my partner. The inclination to wanting to feel forced in everything sexual, was programmed by my past abusers. I couldn't seem to be natural.

Kizzie

RA Survivor, I know it may seem like you are sexually dysfunctional, but what if it's actually a normal, functional response to the SA you suffered for so many years? It's difficult to think of our symptoms as protective responses to trauma, but one way of thinking abut them is they are our body/mind/heart's way of keeping us from being hurt again.

When you look at things in this light it makes it less about us being dysfunctional and more about  being in need of treatment and care to heal the wounds inflicted by others. You have a T and are working on that in therapy, plus you're coming here and reaching out - that's you wanting that healing and going after it - all good!  :thumbup:

RA-Survivor

Quote from: Kizzie on February 25, 2020, 06:29:30 PM
RA Survivor, I know it may seem like you are sexually dysfunctional, but what if it's actually a normal, functional response to the SA you suffered for so many years? It's difficult to think of our symptoms as protective responses to trauma, but one way of thinking abut them is they are our body/mind/heart's way of keeping us from being hurt again.

When you look at things in this light it makes it less about us being dysfunctional and more about  being in need of treatment and care to heal the wounds inflicted by others. You have a T and are working on that in therapy, plus you're coming here and reaching out - that's you wanting that healing and going after it - all good!  :thumbup:

Thanks Kizzie. You make complete sense.

Kizzie