Three Good Things Today ... Part 6

Started by Kizzie, February 25, 2020, 07:05:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blueberry

1. Had a tour around a private garden yesterday with lots of interesting information on flowers, plants, bees, herbs etc

2. The gardener gave me a plant for my garden - it will get bigger and flower prettily. He also gave me a piece of honeycomb from his bees.

3. Today I'm feeling better than I was after teaching a round of one-on-one

Blueberry

1. I managed to send some homework I had written.
2. I did a little gardening.
3. I picked a big basketful of grass etc. for my little furries.

OceanStar

Thank you for this thread. I needed reminding of good things today.

1 Anger, I felt it and I know why. It was painful to endure but I survived it.

2 Mud pudding

3 My slow cooker

Blueberry

1. Teaching my students was good for me.
2. Noticing how far both of them have come was satisfying too.
3. My therapy session was useful today.
4. I had enough motivation and wherewithal to pick more grass etc. for my pets
5. I'm reading less on here and responding less to others' threads, which means I have more time and energy for me!

OceanStar

1 Water bottles are empty because they've been drunk.

2 A new tube of toothpaste.

3 Church was encouraging.

4 A picture drawn just for me.

5 There are leftovers in the fridge for tomorrow.

6 I've made a decision.

7 People stopped by to say 'Hi'.

Wow! I didn't realise today had so many good things, it didn't feel like it at the time. I'm glad I did this today. It has given me some perspective.

Blueberry

1) Reading on here is good for me because it shows me that just 4 days ago I was doing OK. It feels like an eternity that I haven't been doing OK, but that feeling is wrong.

2) I got an invitation to play board games - I can't go but it's nice the other person thought of me

3) There are lots of big buds and some blooms on my roses

OceanStar

1 I played mousetrap, it was fun.

2 Warm PJ's

3 My kitchen is tidy.

Bermuda

1: Walked three hours with little one in the carrier. We walked through gardens and to the beach. (That could count as three separate good things)

2: I felt more present, not in the social media catch phrase way, but in the brain is not floating out of my body sort of way.

3: I remembered to drink water, twice! I'm not a cactus after all.

OceanStar

1 I laughed

2 Jam sandwiches

3 Cuddles with little animals

Bermuda

11pm sunset,
seagulls awaking,
sandal strap tan.

OceanStar

1 Church was encouraging. Clear and helpful teaching.

2 New trainers.

3 I created a space.

OceanStar

1 Our nearby park

2 More cuddles with little animals

3 A painful cut on my finger seems finally to be healing after about two weeks.

Blueberry

Three or More Good Things in past 24 hours

1) I woke up at 4 am and got up at 5
2) It's sunny and I've already done a few cleaning and tidying jobs, as well as a little in the garden
3) I sat and talked to and fed my guinea pigs
4) Yesterday I was up at the farm for the first time since (semi-)lockdown. I was doing some work outside in the potato patch, so I could distance. It was nice to be there again and then walk through the woods to the bus stop to go home again.
5) While working in the potato patch - removing potato beetles and their larvae - my ICr. was pretty quiet. None of that old: "you're working too slow"  :blahblahblah: :blahblahblah: :blahblahblah:  I also stopped when I noticed I was getting tired and picked some grass etc for my guineas while the other person finished her work.

6) This is teh Good Things thread so I won't list any more of how my I used to work in the vegetable patch - suffice to say my thoughts and self-care all much better in ways I never knew they could be!

Bermuda

So busy that I can't think.
Having help around.
Washing machines and dishwashers, they really don't get the credit they deserve.

Three Roses

Blue skies
Happy dogs
Friends that care