Three Good Things Today ... Part 6

Started by Kizzie, February 25, 2020, 07:05:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OceanStar

1. SO cooked dinner and it was lovely.

2. I stood my ground after making a decision even tho someone else was saying the opposite.

3. I did some housework without feeling as if I was slipping into an EF.

4. I was able to drive someone home when they needed it.

5. I realise I am relaxing a little. I am counting that a good thing although as I realised I then panicked a little.

OceanStar

1. Beautiful weather.

2. I'd prepared dinner in the morning so I could enjoy being outside this afternoon.

3. I am breathing deeply and I can feel my body, it feels uncomfortable, but I can feel it.

4. My T sent me a message and I was reassured by it.

OceanStar

1. I'm up, dressed and trying to engage with the world.

2. Washing on the line.

3. I can make my own decisions.

4. Today is bin day.

Kizzie

Oceanstar, I laughed when I saw you had written bin day as one of your good things - it's my H's favourite day of the week so I make sure to tell him that I have put them out while he's recovering from his stroke.  Seems to make his day  ;D

1. Finally convinced doctors H's meds were causing him to go all wonky if they didn't give them to him laying down. Yesterday they did so and he didn't have another episode of  what's called syncope (like a seizure/passing out due to blood pressure dropping to much and too quickly).

2. Spoke to docs, nurses, all therapists, social worker and the Personal Care Supervisor about health and safety issues my H had since being transferred to the rehab facility and feel heard and have seen action taken.  Much better yesterday thankfully.

3. My H's COVID test finally came back and it was negative so don't have to don full PPE anymore around him (so hot, don't know how frontline HCWs do it!), just a mask.

Blueberry

Sounds great about your H and that you have been heard, Kizzie! :cheer:

I like the night before bin day! Which is when our bins have to go out. It's a kind of satisfying feeling putting bins and/or sacks out. We have different types on different days.

Kizzie

Who knew so many people like bin day!  ;D

Blueberry

1) I feel I did well in past 24 hours looking after my pets and even rearranging things to be more interesting for them despite my EF
2) Turning to old trauma-healing books of mine for information and help that I know is in them
3) Come back out of my EF

Blueberry

Over the past 24 hours in addition to what I wrote on my Journal,

1) Last night I had the wherewithal to make great strides on cleaning out my pet 'landscape' (the age of small or even large cages is over, much to the benefit of the type of pet in question) and setting it up in a slightly different way with the addition of a very nice big comfy cushion which is due for the bin anyway. My pets love big comfy cushions but they're not housetrained so this can't be a regular feature. However atm it is ;D

2) so last night I had the joy of watching my pets exploring the new landscape and positively loving that cushion :party:

3) today right after getting up, I had the wherewithal to go and sit next to them and talk to them about how wonderful life is (that new landscape) and how good etc etc they are. They love when I do that, especially the male, he gets all excited ;) Fortunately he's neutered. (Hope that doesn't trigger anyone. He's very innocent and doesn't do anything to his females, but I know what's going on ;)  ).

4) it's sunny despite forecast of rain and I've already been in the garden picking some grass for my pets
and 5) looking at my flowers still blooming away - yellow and purple and 4 new rose buds, one almost open - the colour is showing already. And it's not even noon yet, so time for more Good Things Today. :)