Three Good Things Today ... Part 6

Started by Kizzie, February 25, 2020, 07:05:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kizzie

We're at Part 6 - proof positive we do heal :yes:     :thumbup:   

Let us know what three good things happened in your life today. 

Mine today:

1.  I had a wonderful nurse (my H) to help me get thru the stomach flu/food poisoning I just had.
2.  I found a good GP and now have a referral to see a psychotherapist in our new location.
3.  Our son is coming home for Easter (normally only see him in the summer & at XMas).

Elphanigh

I cannot believe that this has a part 6 :hug: When I started the original thread I thought it would die so quickly. I guess here are my three things today, I needed to be reminded of some positivity.

1) I had a great friend check in on me and just listen to what I needed
2) I had a delicious cup of coffee at this cute little cafe
3) I got to walk outside in the sunshine

Blueberry

No, Elpha, it is an absolutely wonderful tool! :hug:

1) I eventually got up and got going and once I did, I felt better.
2) I did a small job today for which I earned €20 - no preparation work and not especially difficult. I was asked if I'd like to do it again next year too.
3) I did some tidying and washed the dishes and even added some of my notes on a trauma conference here, which means I can now throw out my notes-on-paper which is a tidying act. :)

Not Alone

1) I saw someone I haven't seen in a month and had missed.
2) Received an encouraging card from a friend.
3) Ten hour work day, but it went well and I am now home in my pajamas.

Elphanigh

Thanks Blueberry! I am so glad it is.

1) I got to dress in one of my favorite cardigans
2) We got to eat M&Ms as part of an activity in my research method class
3) I finished emails I had been putting off

Phoebes

1. I faced my N-boss that I usually feel anxiety around, and spoke out in a staff meeting when he asked us a question.
2. I enjoyed my music class without anxiety.
3. I tried on shoes, but didn't buy any!  :cheer:

Not Alone

1) Did some cleaning in my basement.
2) Went for a walk.
3) Made soup for dinner.

Not Alone

1) Message at church was encouraging.
2) Read a helpful article about sleep and trauma.
3) Went for a walk with a friend.

arale

1) My first post in Part 6  :cheer:
2) I felt so much love this morning, tears overflowed. It hurt, but the tears weren't tears of sadness, just tears. I feel so tender, vulnerable, yet connected.
3) I worked.  :cheer:
4) It's the end of a certain amount of uncertainty. I can now switch off the news and bring all my concentration back into my own life.

Blueberry

1) I can feel solidarity in society even as people are having to distance themselves physically
2) The sun was shining and it's warm, really warm for mid March  :sunny: :sunny:
3) I was moved and also felt encouraged and calmed by a missive from one of the big churches here, sent by email via my choir director

arale

1) First day the laundry can go outside to get sun kissed.
2) "Connect to pleasure" says the dance teacher, and something resonates.
3) Dance, work, love, love, work, dance, camaraderie - what a beautiful day.

arale

1) I met with my fellow traveler today. It was sublime. I felt so moved, so touched. I want the feeling to last forever.
2) I was someone's hero today. I felt proud of myself.
3) Students remembered and valued the lesson I taught on the virus. I planned that lesson following my intuition, worried that it might fall flat. I feel seen when my intuition is validated.

Not Alone

1) Was upset with someone about something person said. Talked to the person and misunderstanding was cleared up.
2) Had been out of touch with a close friend for a couple of years. We connected by phone today and had a beautiful heart to heart conversation.
3) Went for a short walk.
4) Finished sewing covers for cushions. Not perfect, but accepting good enough.

Blueberry

1) Coming here to write my Good Things before I respond to anybody else's post, even ones on my Journal i.e. I'm putting my needs first :cheer:

2) A professional handyman came by to install a sheet of second-hand Plexiglas in my office so I can re-open to business in person and he charged next-to-nothing for it. I even offered him more but he wouldn't take it. This is an especially pleasant surprise considering the nonsense and excuse-making and down-right lying that was going on in my building again this week e.g. from the other business. Some people actually are kind, helpful, thoughtful and not trying to gouge as much as possible out of me while not giving much at all. 

3) I've come unstuck this evening and am able to move forwards again.  :thumbup:  :)

OceanStar

1. I have a warm thing to snuggle around my neck.

2. The washing is on the line drying.

3. I found the TV remote, it wasnt thrown out in the rubbish by mistake.

3 things, it took a while but I've got there.