One Act of Kindness to Myself Today - Part 1

Started by Blueberry, February 26, 2020, 06:54:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kizzie

My act of kindness to my self today is to try and be OK with someone not agreeing with me. I have been taking more risks to say what I think and feel and it really is OK when others don't agree. 

Blueberry

My act of kindness to myself today is to not force myself to think of one because I can't. I don't think I did anything particularly unkind to myself (which is something).

rn I think I'm getting sick so my act of kindness will be: email my students to cancel tomorrow's lessons instead of attempting to push through 'somehow'.

Bach

My act of kindness to myself today will be getting a massage (and hopefully not feeling guilty about it).

Blueberry

Yesterday I thought I "should" be colouring in instead of doing some wordsearches and dot-to-dots but I allowed myself wordsearches and dot-to-dots. That's being kind to myself. The "should" is undoubtedly internalised M and/or B1 :yes:  No wonder "should" is never good for me.

Yesterday I finally got on with some of the remedies my doc has suggested before like a poultice, and gargling specific powders. These are more effort than just popping a pill but I know they do work, so that's kindness / self-care.

By taking an adult student up on her offer of help to buy and bring anything I needed, I got a whole grocery bag of thoughtful kindness along with her running the errand I'd actually asked for. I was kind to myself by taking her up on her offer and then she was doubly kind in return.

Blueberry

I've been using my hot water bottle a lot the past few days. That's kindness as a pain reliever.

Blueberry

I went outside well-wrapped up and stood for a few minutes in the sun in the garden, looking a bit at what's growing.

Kizzie

Our son is coming home the week before Easter so I indulged my love for all things bunnies and put out decorations early. Makes me smile when I look at them  ;D

arale

Thanks for starting this thread! It's awesome!

I felt many emotions, some pleasant, some less so, and I welcomed them all, without freaking out.

Blueberry

I got myself to the doctor's today tho I didn't really want to make the effort. But when I did it was good for me because more clarity on what I should be taking and not and what I should be doing and not. So going was a kindness to self.

I bought myself some jelly/jello, already made so I don't even have to wash a saucepan.

Yesterday I checked the bustimes and routes (which have just been massively altered) to see if there is an easier way to my doc's. There is. I went that way.

marta1234

I am here for myself and I understood the emotional pain that my littles felt at my new psy appointment. Although I am struggling quite a bit (having a flare up), I understand my limitations and I will drink some hot chocolate before bed.
A hug for my little parts  :hug:

Blueberry

I took a pain reliever and it really helped, for several hours anyway. I was able to sleep and doze. I don't think I've taken a pain reliever since after an operation over 10 years ago. They're certainly not anything i usually have sitting about at home that I can just pop in my mouth. So a big act of self-kindness.  :)

Blueberry

Took another one last night before bed. That way I managed to finally sleep and when not doing so at least lie quietly and just rest.

A couple of days ago I used body lotion on my terribly dry feet, put on woollen socks and then wrapped my feet up in an old towel and lay down. Kindness and self-care - for my skin + massaging my feet helps me reground and somehow calms me.

Kizzie

Although part of me wants to hide my head in the sand, my H and I took a realistic look at the coronavirus pandemic, discussed ways of avoiding contracting the virus, and bought some extra supplies, enough for 2 wks to a month, so we can stay closer to home. Being prepared, realistic, calm is an act kindness to myself, but also to others in this case.   

Blueberry

:thumbup: Kizzie

Yesterday and today I organised and accepted help from friends to run a few errands for me: mailing letters, collecting a prescription for my anti-deps, and buying food especially of the throat-soothing variety. When I mentioned I was shivery again, one friend offered me a couple more hot water bottles which I gratefully accepted. That is a kindness to myself because I don't always accept help for one reason or another. In fact, I didn't accept her offer of an electric blanket, more out of fear than anything else. (Don't ask about fear of an electric blanket :no: )

Blueberry

Yesterday I did indeed listen to and move to a CD of children's songs and lullabies. That was kindness to a younger part of me.

Today I sat out in the sun in the garden eyes closed, simply enjoying. I even took my woolly hat off when it was warm enough for my ears.