One Act of Kindness to Myself Today - Part 1

Started by Blueberry, February 26, 2020, 06:54:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brightlight

I don't know if this is still active but I'd like to add to it if that's okay.

I am proud of you all for showing acts of kindness to yourselves. I agree Blueberry I find it easier to show kindness to other people.

I am not too bad at showing kindness to myself in some ways, it is 'just' my IC who demolishes me self esteem. My main problem is if someone doesn't understand me - my explanation of something I instantly put myself down without realising I'm doing it by saying I'm not good at explaining things' so I don't feel like an idiot.

Anyway my act of kindness to myself today is to do some baking and tidy more of my flat.  :cheer:

Blueberry

Quote from: Blueberry on April 09, 2020, 12:17:36 PM
Last night before going to sleep, I slathered my hands in skin lotion and I also rubbed a little onto my face where I'm noticing dry skin too. Kindness to my own body. :)

Ditto this evening when I lay down with a stomach ache. I also took a hot water bottle to bed with me for my stomach ache. Two Acts of Kindness.

I started this thread for Lent, which is now over, but I'm quite happy for the thread to continue if other people would like that. I know that these types of threads can be a good tool for some of us on here, so it's fine you added to it, brightlight. On this forum it's generally fine to reactivate an old thread. There's an awful lot of useful information or experiences from others, sometimes even mbrs who are no longer active, in old threads.

It's great that you're not too bad at showing kindness to yourself, brightlight . You know, that's one healing step achieved right there.   :cheer:

Yay for baking and tidying :cheer:

marta1234

Thank you brightlight.  :hug:
My act of kindness today is to tell myself "I love you".

Blueberry

My act of kindness to myself today: when I woke up in the middle of the night (3am or so) and noticed how dry my hands were, I slathered skin lotion on them again. Lots of hours left today for further acts of kindness but no pressure :)

Blueberry

Today too: I put skin cream on, for the first time in about a week, but I did it at all! :cheer:

Blueberry

I put my thinnest summer skirt back on when I realised that my shorts are just too hot. An act of kindness because I tend to think: oh well, tough luck, too much effort to change out of shorts again.

Bermuda

I was stressed today, very stressed, so much so that I dissociated quite badly in the middle of a lecture. It was possibly 30 minutes of just muffled sounds and darkness. The professor was speaking, and I couldn't hear the words, I was not there. Eventually we had a break, and I stood up, and instead of blaming myself, I accepted it, and was able to get back to the lecture and follow along.

Blueberry

I did an act of kindness to myself last night and the night before: I rubbed skin lotion into my hands and feet before I went to bed.

Kizzie

We've reached page 5 and IAW our guidelines I'm going to lock this and start a new page.