One Act of Kindness to Myself Today - Part 1

Started by Blueberry, February 26, 2020, 06:54:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blueberry

Since Idk Sunday or even Saturday, I've been making healthy and tasty meals for myself. This is a huge kindness to myself. It doesn't feel like such a huge psychological effort anymore either the way it used to.

Blueberry

After trying various ways of not going back to bed, I felt that what I really needed after therapy was in fact sleep, so I allowed myself that.

Blueberry

Quote from: arale on March 26, 2020, 10:20:38 PM
Am I turning this more into an intend to act kindly to myself page?

Hey arale, I'd rather you didn't turn this into 'intend to act kindly to myself' page. Part of the purpose of all these kinds of threads like this one and 3 Good Things a Day is to focus on the positives of the day and not realisations which are rather depressing to read about even though they are probably a step forward in recovery. Using words like 'crazy, self-doubt, misfit' etc, even calling yourself that, that's not an act of kindess to yourself in that moment. Do you see what I mean? There are other threads you could write on - your own Journal if you have one, maybe Today I realized... or any other ones like that at The Cafe https://cptsd.org/forum/index.php?board=23.0

I started this thread at the kind suggestion of notalone,
see https://cptsd.org/forum/index.php?topic=12143.msg98105#msg98105 after I'd been discussing on my Journal what to give up for Lent, if anything. The thread really is about a concrete act of kindness to myself (or for any other mbr to themself). About finding that one small act of kindess per day, really focussing on finding one if need be. This is a healing tool. I hope you understand, arale, and don't feel offended or hurt.

Blueberry

Last night before going to sleep, I picked up my hymn and prayer book again and whisper-sang some evening hymns and also read some evening prayers to myself.

Then I slathered my hands in hand lotion for the night because my hands really need that atm. My hands feel better today :)

Three Roses

Yesterday I hurt my back. Instead of pushing thru it I laid down and took some ibuprofen. I took a nap and let my h cook dinner and do the dishes. Back feels better today.

Hope67

I have put some nice cream on my feet this morning, and I also cuddled my 'soft toy' for a few minutes this afternoon to centre my thoughts and calm myself. 
Hope  :)

Blueberry

This afternoon I was tired after a couple of hours work in the garden, albeit slow work. I sat down and had a cup of tea before running an errand. On the way, I pushed my bike through a park instead of cycling up the usual steep hill, just to make it easier for myself. So two Acts of Kindness today.

Not Alone

Blueberry

I made myself get up today and do a little work (5 mins) in the sun in the garden and then go for a cycle to collect something I said I'd collect, also mostly in the sun. Making myself do something can be a kindness.

Kizzie

I tried a virtual therapy session with my new T and I'm glad I did as it went well.

Blueberry

Kindness to myself is making myself do beneficial things, like go out on my bike, which I did today.

Kizzie

Playing games on my iPhone with my son, also sending cute/funny pics & videos of foxes back & forth - latest - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GegN_AXWWqc&feature=youtu.be   ;D

Blueberry

Last night before going to sleep, I slathered my hands in skin lotion and I also rubbed a little onto my face where I'm noticing dry skin too. Kindness to my own body. :)

Kizzie

Had another virtual therapy session and allowed my teen (who adult me has had some difficulty figuring out how to help) speak and tell the T a bit about herself.  Glad I did as it went well.   :)

Not Alone

Quote from: Kizzie on April 09, 2020, 02:58:32 PM
Had another virtual therapy session and allowed my teen (who adult me has had some difficulty figuring out how to help) speak and tell the T a bit about herself.  Glad I did as it went well.   :)
Glad your teen had a chance to speak and be heard.