Crying / Release

Started by Sandals, April 05, 2015, 12:12:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandals

Hi, my name is Sandals and I'm stuck at crying. Anyone else in the boat with me?

It's not that I don't want to...I do. I'm well aware that I need to in order to get through this. But the tears won't come.  :sadno:

I sense that this is going to be my biggest hill to climb in this process - and likely the most rewarding. But I'm struggling to get to the top.

mourningdove

Quote from: Sandals on April 05, 2015, 12:12:57 AM
Hi, my name is Sandals and I'm stuck at crying. Anyone else in the boat with me?

I am, Sandals. I couldn't cry at all for a long long time. I've been able to a tiny bit recently, but I've noticed that it is never for my own pain. Whenever I feel a cry coming on for my own pain, another part of me silently turns off the water. I find it very discouraging because I really want to cry just about every day. I need that release and I can't get it. In addition, I know from reading Pete Walker and others that grieving seems to be a necessary step to recovery, so this makes me scared that I will never get there.

Like bheart said, you're not alone.  :hug:

Sandals

Thanks, bheart & mourningdove.

I'm the same, mourningdove. So much sadness every day, longing for release, for the tears to come. And the diversion of it happens identically to you. I feel it there, coming...and then it vanishes.

Putting it out to the universe that we all need some healthy tears.  :hug:

Kubali

Sandals

I struggled with this too. I didn't actually make a breakthrough until I was in my late forties.

I remember watching " concert for George" (celebrating life of George Harrison) and seeing the body language up on the stage during the final song. Something inside me broke and the tears came in floods. I sobbed and sobbed. Actually I couldn't stop.

I put the dvd on the next day and sure thing it happened again. I did this for 4 days in a row.

I think I identified with the ' loss' even though my parents are still living I have been NC for 7 years.  I still feel it's a loss. I lost my whole family. So in a roundabout way I was eventually grieving for myself even though I started out grieving for George's son.

Maybe a weepy film or something can help kick start the process for you too? Just a thought.

Kubali

sunnyday1

Sandals, I'm there, too.  It's funny - I used to have bouts of crying .  I haven't for awhile now and there are plenty of times I wish the tears would come.

tired

Find a movie or tv show that gets you going.  Don't know what that would be; I just stumble on something and bam, I'm sobbing after weeks of dry eyes.

BigGreenSee123

I am stuck here too. It's better than it has been, I guess, but not good. I feel like some weird pain is stuck in my chest a lot and if I could just cry it'd feel better but I can't. Then when something happens like a construction worker looks angry as he directs my car to the other side of the road I breakdown and can't stop sobbing.