Poetry

Started by FreedomFromTrauma, February 29, 2020, 06:39:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FreedomFromTrauma

Hi everyone,

My partner wrote an exquisite poem about embracing the fury of pain that I see as a call to arms for all those suffering within their trauma. I'd love to hear what you think of it and whether you resonate with it as much as I do:

"and such is the
boundless fury of my
pain. brushed off by
denial. tiny yet dense
within me, each grain of dismissal
impossible to grasp. to extract from
these limbs.
wordless, soundless. except for
the way my whole body
aches and convulses and responds
to this world. silently.
except for every breath within me,
every longing that I hold inside.
every terror I hold dear. yes,
such is the boundless
fury of my pain.
that telling you wasn't,
isn't enough.
that I must tell the
whole world."

!!!!!

woodsgnome

Thanks for sharing this, Freedom.

As the poem suggests, this sort of pain is so hard -- we want to scream, rant, do things easily misunderstood. And it only goes deeper from there -- 'til we're left with our desperate loneliness, too scared to share what this really feels like ... the boundless fury referred to right at the poem's start and repeated later.

These feelings are stark, and largely impossible to express in the usual manner. Consider yourself fortunate that your partner was creative enough to pen their own version of feelings that can be so difficult to live with, and even harder to try explaining. Sometimes the wonder is that we don't explode, while inside we're roiling with desperate attempts just to survive the impossible pain we can't, but somehow do, live with.

Thanks again for posting this ...  :hug:

LilFace

As one who also struggles to weave art from exquisite pain, I honor your beautiful work, your truth.