This forum, what I like

Started by Dyess, April 05, 2015, 12:33:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dyess

This forum is unique and very interesting. Some very intelligent people here on the issues of CPTSD. So why are some of you so knowledgeable on this topic. Years of researching it? How long have you researched it? I have been researching a lot but not to the point of some of you guys. Plus I don't seem to retain what I read anymore :( But anyway, you guys are great thank you for sharing your knowledge and experience with others so we can learn, grow and heal.

schrödinger's cat

I've been jobless for the past fifteen years. First I lived abroad where I didn't speak the language and so couldn't find a job, then I was retraumatized and my CPTSD flared up big time, then I had kids, then it was too late. I just had no energy at all left for job-hunting. So if I have one thing, it's time. Also, I live in my head too much and I find those topics interesting. Retaining what I read is difficult, so I mostly just do excerpts on the points I want to memorize. Something that I've written down usually stays in my head. VERY time-consuming to do, but I'm nerdy enough to find excerpting a nice and relaxing activity. That might come from being a stay-at-home mother - if you spend your days listening to little people tell you aaaaall about Star Wars or My Little Pony, you're gasping for something brainy to do sooner or later.

Whobuddy

Someone postulated that perhaps our wounded brains became rewired in a way that enhanced cerebral, intellectual activity. Yes, I agree, the intelligence on this forum is astounding!

If we weren't so wounded maybe we could rule the world and make it a much better place!

Dyess

Cat and Whobuddy, thanks for the responses. You may have a point there. So something good has actually come out of all this? :) I can only speak for myself but I appreciate the time and effort you put into this forum. I'm sure a lot of people have benefited from it and you have touched so many lives. Thank you.

Sandals

I agree, Trace, this is an extraordinary place. Not just in terms of intelligence, but also compassion and support. It's unlike any other forum I've been a part of in those aspects. I consider myself fortunate to be a part of this community.

Anamiame

Whobuddy

Kizzie

Yay to the group hug  :thumbup:  and that's a fine idea WhoBuddy about taking over  - no doubt the world would be a more compassionate place  :yes:

schrödinger's cat

A compassionate place full of cats and coffee, from what I've seen here so far.  :hug:

keepfighting

This is a place where I have heard the magic words:

I understand, I get what you're saying.

Thank you, all of you, for understanding and validating.  :hug:

Kizzie

And dawgs, don't forget them!   :bigwink:

Jdog

Yes, please don't forget the dogs!  :)

schrödinger's cat

Of course, sorry. How could I.  :hug: 

Rrecovery

Experiencing the beautiful hearts and minds of the dear souls on this forum - makes me feel proud to have Cptsd  ;D :applause: :hug:

Jdog

It gives me reason for hope seeing such sincerity along with earnest desires to help another who may be feeling all alone with the sometimes inexplicable pain we can experience.  It is also a great place to remind myself that I do have choices in terms of how to respond to inner and outer stimuli, and that sometimes it all begins by taking just one positive step, then another.....repeating as necessary!