New here---

Started by Ari, April 05, 2015, 04:47:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ari

Hi, Name is Ari (Arianell -it's Welsh)

Have CPTSD because of family abuse, being in a war while a teenager, sexual exploitation and really bad therapy.  Crashed and burned last fall, got a proper diagnosis from my internist, found a superb therapist thru her.  An acquaintance who lives in the Middle East (I grew up there, a foreign service brat) brought me a kitten before I crashed, when that happened -- she grabbed my hand has has held it really tight ever since -- even though she lives halfway around the world, she is a huge help in my healing -- love Skype and e-mail!  I'm pretty lucky -- it's been hellish, but I'm moving forward.

Sandals

:hug: Welcome, Ari. I'm so glad you found your way here and even though the journey is *, proud to be walking beside you for it.

We have a lot in common, it seems. I, too, use Skype and email with my T; she's not as far away as yours, but is on the other side of the country from me.

And my dad's name was Arie (Dutch). He passed away 15 years ago, but hearing and seeing a similar name brings a smile to my face.

And, yep, cptsd in common too. It's not easy, at all, but it is so rewarding to begin to heal from. And this community is really special. They are caring, supportive, knowledgeable and just really the best people to talk to where you can feel at home.

Looking forward to getting to know you.

Sandals

Ari

Hi Sandals,

Thanks for responding.  It's my friend who's halfway around the world -- therapist is in the same city as I.   

Hope this is a sunny day wherever you are -- it is here.  Do you have pets?  I have 2 cats --Pye and Ptah -- and they are so wonderful and help keep me going. 

Ari

no_more_fear

Hi Ari,

I'm so sorry that you've suffered so much and I'm really glad you've found your way here. I've only been posting for a day here, but already I can feel it helping me so much and it will with you too.

That's brilliant that you've got Skype and e-mail support and so glad it helps you as much as it does.

It's seems like most of us here gain comfort from animals, I do too and couldn't cope without them.

I look forward to getting to know you. :hug:

Rrecovery

Hi Ari and Welcome  :wave:  I'm glad your internist was so astute and helpful.  You've been through so much.  You'll find this a place of understanding, care and support.  Glad you're here.  :hug:

keepfighting

Hi, Ari,

nice to meet you on this forum!  :wave:

Quote from: Ari on April 05, 2015, 04:47:47 AM
I'm pretty lucky -- it's been hellish, but I'm moving forward.

This brings tears and a smile to my face at the same time. So many emotions are covered by this sentence...  :hug:

It is a sunny day here - went cycling for an hour. What a treat!  :sunny:

Hope to get to know you better soon.  :yes:

Kizzie

Hi Ari  :wave:   I just wanted to add a very warm welcome to OOTS and to say your courage and determination to recover is quite palpable in your posts  :applause:   

You're in the right place and I'm so glad you found your way here :hug: