Tapping Solution app - releasing coronavirus anxiety

Started by Snowdrop, March 11, 2020, 09:50:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snowdrop

If anyone's feeling anxious about coronavirus, there's now a free session in the Tapping Solution app on releasing that anxiety. I tried it this morning, and I found it helpful.

The app is available from here: https://www.thetappingsolution.com/blog/tapping-solution-app/

You can find the session in the Library -> First Aid part of the app.

Kizzie

Another way of reducing anxiety is to educate yourself, prepare don't panic, and do what you can to avoid getting/spreading the virus. My son who is a biomedical engineer and works at a hospital sent us this link - https://www.flattenthecurve.com/.  It's a good site for preparing rationally & calmly IMO. It has helped us to understand realistically what we might expect and what we can do to prepare for and avoid getting/spreading the virus.

This all hit home because although we have only a small number of cases where we live, yesterday we went to the store for groceries and the shelves for toilet paper and water were bare. Interestingly, the shelves for Kleenex were full -  :doh:   

Anyway, my H and I now have a plan. Having read the article it's likely people will begin to realize food might be more important than TP/water if cases increase as predicted and we need to stay home to help contain the spread of the virus. No-one actually needs 20 cases of beans or whatever, but no doubt people will buy far more then is needed if the whole TP/water shortage is anything to go by. So we are going to get some additional items but only enough for us for 2 wks to a month when we may need to stay home. 

I think my take away from the article is that we all need to be prepared, but resist panic and leave enough for others so we can stay at home if it comes to that.  It's how we can contribute or "flatten the curve" so fewer of us get sick and we don't strain our medical system and supply chains past capacity.