Updated management Guidelines

Started by SigNature, March 12, 2020, 01:31:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SigNature

Hello, not sure where to put this. Kizzie, probably to resources?
BlueKnot Australia released updated management practice guidelines incorporating new research, particularly dissociation, etc, between 2012 - 2019.
https://www.blueknot.org.au/Resources/Publications/Practice-Guidelines/Practice-Guidelines-2019
🙏
🤗

SigNature

I've been reading these international management guidelines and the recent update again, since posting.....or trying to at least.....I still have severe concentration problems with academic/financial/legal documents etc etc.......but I like this😊it makes sense, it is what I have been trying to verbalise but am not able......current psychotherapy is just so contradictory to what is needed when your whole body trusts nothing and no one...how can you connect or even begin to learn to, when therapists are maintaining a professional distance. I don't know how that divide can be closed.

Kizzie

Tks for the link NatureGirl  :thumbup: 

I added it to our info section about treatment here - https://cptsd.org/forum/index.php?topic=243.msg1939#msg1939, and to our download section here - https://ed-harrigan.squarespace.com/config/pages

Quotecurrent psychotherapy is just so contradictory to what is needed when your whole body trusts nothing and no one...how can you connect or even begin to learn to, when therapists are maintaining a professional distance. I don't know how that divide can be closed.

The other part of this is the funding available to have enough sessions to develop the trust we need to make progress.  For the majority of us it's not even close to being enough and to pay out of pocket at $150-250/session is just not possible for so many.

SigNature

True regarding the funding......In Australia you can get 15 Medicare partially subsidised sessions, after that it is >$200+ per session.......I have been going for years but still struggle to let my walls down even though I like and trust my T.  There is always that knowledge this is still just a job for them......harsh but true.  In my mind you can tell the guidelines are written by someone with inside knowledge of what it means to have CPtsd and what is missing

Kizzie

I honestly think we need robust, whole person therapeutic approaches that deal with the fact that trauma is embodied in our mind, heart/spirit and body.

I just started seeing a new T who does this kind of therapy and in our first and only session thus far we discussed the coverage I have.  She lowered the rate to $175/session but even that will run out fairly quickly so  :Idunno: 

Unfortunately I'm not going back until COVID-19 has passed but I am happy to finally have a T who knows about CPTSD and has holistic strategies in her toolbox. Hoping she and I can work on the lack of trust and protective barriers I have more effectively. I am concerned I don't have enough coverage to get too far, but maybe I'll get further than I have in the past. We'll see.

SigNature

Mine does have good knowledge and understanding of CPtsd, but I think maybe not enough of the wholistic tools that maybe I need, though she is super caring and open, and I would hate to start over again.....would be good to hear your feedback once you get to know your new T.
🙏T

Kizzie

Will do - sounds like  it could be months though  :blink: