The Coronavirus Pandemic

Started by Kizzie, March 12, 2020, 04:47:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kizzie

Here's an article my H found that is helpful for figuring out where not to go/what not to do as restrictions in many countries start to ease.

The Risks - Know Them - Avoid Them, by Professor Erin Bromage, a Comparative Immunologist and Professor of Biology (specializing in Immunology) at the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth.  The basic formula according to her is:

Successful Infection = Exposure to Virus x Time

Blueberry

Thanks for posting this Kizzie, I found it really helpful!

Kizzie

I thought it was good too BB, especially now that restrictions are being eased in so many countries.  I'm so glad it's getting warmer here and we'll be able to sit out on a restaurant patio for a meal as I don't think I will be going to any restaurant until I've had the vaccine. And I'll go in larger stores like Wal Mart (w/gloves & a mask), but no small retail unless it's to get something, pay and leave. 

Had the swab done yesterday and it wasn't too bad - they take it from the throat versus up the nose thankfully. Unfortunately it's a 3-5 day wait for results.  I had heard 12-24 and was hoping for a negative ASAP so I can legally go for walks, bike rides and drives again. Patience is getting to be a necessity in this pandemic  :yes:

Gromit

Good luck with your test Kizzie,

I am negative, I was using an app to track symptoms and they wanted me to do a test as I had some symptoms, not a cough or anything. Must admit the test was not pleasant, made me gag and sneeze but, after 48 hours I was told I was negative. This is in the UK.

G

Kizzie

Tks Gromit, glad you hear you tested negative  :cheer:  It's such a relief isn't it?  :cloud9:
I got my results earlier than what I was told and they were negative too - just a cold or sinus issue I guess.  In a word, PHEW!