The Coronavirus Pandemic

Started by Kizzie, March 12, 2020, 04:47:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bach

Kizzie and notalone, my friend recovered!  :yahoo: :sunny:  Although of course none of her old problems are gone, I am thankful she is still here.  I think she is, too. 

Snowdrop

Kizzie

So glad to hear this news Bach -  :hug:

Not Alone

So glad. Thanks for letting us know.

Three Roses

Bach

Oops!  Mistake post.

Blueberry

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
That means too that not all of us with a weakened immune system must die due to covid.

*** TW *** face mask

I wear a hand-made cloth mask when I go to the shops or other places outside. Having a mask over my nose and mouth makes me want to hold my breath. Just wondering if anybody else is reacting that way too? Maybe it's some sort of cptsd reaction. afaik there's nothing in my past about me being smothered etc. during cpa and definitely not during csa. So it's not that.

Kizzie

Maybe just a claustrophobic feeling from having something over your nose and mouth?  :Idunno:  Not quite the same but I use a CPAP at night for sleep apnea and find I feel that way when I first put it on.

Blueberry

Yes, that could be, Kizzie. Would be the simplest answer and I didn't even think of it ;)
Thanks  :hug:

Kizzie

I've been watching all the protests in the US and elsewhere about being locked down and have had two reactions.  The first is that I know many people need to work to put food on their tables, pay bills, etc., so I understand why they are protesting to some degree. Here in Canada we have a solid social safety net and aren't getting much if any push back over lock downs because financial support was rolled out quickly.  Adult me understands this isn't the case elsewhere and that govts need to address this if their citizens are to comply with pandemic measures.

The second part comes from traumatized, younger me who feels such anger and despair when I see signs saying "I need a haircut" or "Give me liberty or give me death" - sentiments that reach inside me with a red hot poker of a message "You don't matter, no-ones does - only I and what I want do."  There is no reasoning with those screaming about liberty or haircuts and that takes me right back to what it was like as a child/teen/young adult - no voice or power in the face of trauma inducing behaviour.  I feel the same way about leaders like Trump and Brazil's president who deny/shirk responsibility/politicize the pandemic.   :pissed:     

I saw a meme yesterday of Darwin with his finger up to his mouth saying "Shhhh, I got this!" and to some extent it helps knowing a percentage of them are likely to learn a tough lesson.  At the same time it isn't just those protesters who will contract COVID, it's anyone they come in contact with.  That's the problem for teen me who doesn't quite know how to manage the feelings of anger,  powerlessness and despair this brings up. 

Boatsetsailrose

How is everyone doing? We are in wk 6 of lockdown in the UK.. Blessed with good weather at least...

alliematt

I feel mentally fatigued, probably because I'm, in effect, doing homeschooling with a young adult with autism.  Although he's doing classes online, there are times I need to help him out.  Next week is their final week in school for the year.  My son's eligibility for public school services runs out in February.  We're working on getting him other services in the community. 

I'm also feeling mentally fatigued because of the attitudes of others, including those in leadership, that seem more concerned about creating wealth rather than preserving lives.  I know there are people who have to work.  I also know that contact spreads illness.  And I don't know what the answers are.

My husband is still home from work and has gotten no feedback on when he's supposed to go back.  He at least is still getting paid, and I am grateful.

Kizzie

:grouphug:  Allie, it is such a tough time right now.  Did you find any sites for families with an autistic member helpful?   

Panda

Allie, I hope you can get some support and you'll be okay!

Of course, I hope everyone else will be okay too.

Just got word that one of my wife's coworkers might have it. Seeing that she works in a geriatric ward, that might be... very bad. I'm feeling pretty anxious and powerless right now and I can't imagine how she feels.

Yesterday my 60+ cancer survivor mother in law was talking about going to the Netherlands for a shopping trip because apparently she didn't realize that the borders are effectively closed. I wish people would just stay home if they possibly can.

Blueberry

Quote from: Panda on May 12, 2020, 08:18:18 AM
Yesterday my 60+ cancer survivor mother in law was talking about going to the Netherlands for a shopping trip because apparently she didn't realize that the borders are effectively closed. I wish people would just stay home if they possibly can.
:yeahthat: the underlined bit
:aaauuugh: :aaauuugh: for the rest

Hope it turns out your wife's co-worker doesn't have it and that your wife does not get the virus.