New here...

Started by Schopenhauer, March 13, 2020, 02:11:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schopenhauer

Hey everyone,

I am a 50+ old male from Scandinavia with developmental CPTSD.  I was diagnosed some 12 years ago and have since been in therapy twice a week. I've currently started to do also somatic exercises, but if I indulge too much I am worse off; the stress reactions are even more debilitating than otherwise. I am unable to work because of the extremity of my symptoms and feel totally isolated from the world.

So, I guess I am here to alleviate the feeling of alientation and isolation which pains me so, at the moment.

Looking fwd to meaningful exchanges,

S

saylor

Welcome. I'm glad you found us. I hope this forum can offer you some relief

FWIW, like you, I was unable to work anymore due to my symptoms (I retired "early"), so I can relate. (I can also relate to Schopenhauer...)

Do you think therapy has been helping you?

Snowdrop

Welcome! Pleased to meet you. :wave:

woodsgnome

:heythere:

... tough as this journey is, it's refreshing to know that despite it all, there are places like this forum and those who share their experience of rebuilding a life of meaning.

Schopenhauer

Thank you, kind people, for making me feel welcome!  :wave:

Yes, therapy has been essential for me, but only after I found the right therapist for me. The first 3,5 years with a patronising therapist with the attitude "I'll fix you right up" was a glorious waste of time and money.

Anyway, I'm glad I found these forums!

S

Patticake

Hello and welcome to the forum.

I have found relief from the pain of isolation here & pray you will, too. Many of us can relate to having to leave our employment, also. I am sorry you are experiencing any of this, but happy you found us. There are lovely, caring people here to help each other. Welcome aboard.

Not Alone