Brain rewires itself following trauma therapy - research findings.

Started by sigiriuk, March 21, 2020, 09:37:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sigiriuk

Therapy changes the neurons which control emotional regulation, in people with cPTSD.

Functional reorganization of neural networks involved in emotion regulation following trauma therapy for complex trauma disorders
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2213158219301573

searcher_777

Hello.
I hope all are well.
I continue to experience symptoms of cPTSD, at age 60, and am so weary of coping with the sickness/illness that is encountered each day.  I am in search of information relevant to clinical studies relating to cPTSD that include brain imaging, and possibly brain stimulation or implants.  As I am currently unemployed with no health insurance benefits as a result of the symptoms of this disorder, I am seeking to participate in a clinical study where costs of scans and brain stimulation or implants, and necessary travel, would be a component of a study.
I shall appreciate any useful information.
I thank you for your consideration.
Be well.
J

sigiriuk

Quote from: searcher_777 on March 25, 2020, 06:01:38 PM
.... I continue to experience symptoms of cPTSD, at age 60, and am so weary of coping with the sickness/illness that is encountered each day.  I am in search of information relevant to clinical studies relating to cPTSD that include brain imaging, and possibly brain stimulation or implants.  As I am currently unemployed with no health insurance benefits as a result of the symptoms of this disorder, I am seeking to participate in a clinical study where costs of scans and brain stimulation or implants, and necessary travel, would be a component of a study.
Hi Searcher_777
I am based in the UK so not sure how to help..but TDCS works wonders...it cost around $160 and I use it daily.
Qigong has been amazing for me, as I can't do yoga because of my knees. It helps get rid of the "body' memories - something that talking therapy can't help with.
Have you looked at this trial:
https://beckleyfoundation.org/psilocybin-for-depression-2/?gclid=Cj0KCQjw-Mr0BRDyARIsAKEFbefNAifujQhxiUWeMkaKw06tQ3QlwMhoQERo_qlHWxV38ywuwGMe0WQaAlbqEALw_wcB
Let me know how you get on with this.
Keep safe

Saal

New_Life

Hi Saal,

Thank you for posting this article, it gives us hope that recovery is possible! However, I couldn't quite understand what their
trauma-focused inpatient treatment was?

Also,  TDCS sounds dangerous?  ;D Can you please give more details about your experince with it? When did you strat using it, how often do you use it, what symptoms did it help with?

Sending love and healing vibes!
❤️ :hug: