Confused about attachment style

Started by Sasha, April 02, 2020, 08:54:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sasha

I did an online test as feel like I want to work out my attachment style. Reoccurring problems with my partner seem to me like they could be due to us having different styles.

The results are:
35% anxious preoccupied
29% secure
29% fearful avoidant
6% dismissive avoidant

What on earth does this mean?

How can I be all of these at the same time?

Baffled!

hypervigilante

I'm here with you, applauding your steps to self-discovery!

I am completely also totally unsure what that means, I'd love to see what test you're referring to. I know there is a book called ATTACHED that breaks down amazing connections between attachment, and I love Pete Walker's CPTSD Surviving to Thriving Guide. They may be useful resources to start to understand attachment, from a bit more of an expert than myself!

Bravo, bravo either way for working yourself through this. There's so much info on this out there, and without being a social scientist I don't feel strongly enough educated to help. But you have my high-five and my empathy as I, too, am trying to work out my attachment styles. I had a test (attachment book) that rated me 47.8% avoidant, 26% anxious, and 26% secure. I take that as a huge step, because once in my life I had a 0% secure rating. I'm proud of you for your discoveries and curiosities!

Holding your hand around the world-