Thankful for OOTS

Started by Heart, January 16, 2020, 09:31:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heart

It has not been so long since I came to partake in OOTS  - I have been reading a little bit here and there. And tears comes to my eyes. Deep emotions are stirred by you all.
All my life I have been the ugly duckling.  Speaking in a fashion that doesn't resonate in with how others speak. Always feeling different, awkward and distant.
Here I have found people who respond to issues or things being shared like...me... I don't cry. But I feel tears rushing through my heart of healing and I have found my tribe! Thank you all for being  you. You are beautiful to me.
On a deep level I have been healed by you. ❤

Snowdrop

I'm glad you're with us. :hug:

I share your feelings about OOTS. I find it a place of understanding and healing with a wonderful community of kind, supportive people.

arale

Quote from: Heart on January 16, 2020, 09:31:37 AM
All my life I have been the ugly duckling.  Speaking in a fashion that doesn't resonate in with how others speak. Always feeling different, awkward and distant.

Yes, exactly! And the kid who saw the emperor naked in the emperor's new clothes too!

I dreamed that one day, I will be able to find my "real" family / planet / species. It is a relief to find out that I am not alone and that I am not (necessarily) the one who is mad / crazy / maladjusted. I love this quote:

"In a mad world, only the mad are sane."
― Akira Kurosawa

Welcome  :bighug:

Heart

Thank you Snowdrop, it is a sigh of relief.
Arale, right you are... When you have learned how people lie and deceit and hide in plain sight  - you are that boy who reveals the truth about social codes that are just fake. I guess  welcome to the Matrix 🙃
A question though...how do you use those emojis? Oooold lady...🤪

Not Alone

I share your feelings of being understood and cared for. I'm sorry you have the need, but glad you are part of the tribe.

Heart

❤ thank you nice to be Notalone.🥰

Snowdrop

Heart, you asked how to use the emojis.

If you look above the area where you type your message, you should see a bunch of animated emojis. Click on one, and you'll see that the text for that emoji appears in your message. The  :cheer: emoji, for example, looks like  : cheer : but without spaces. If you click on the [more] link below the emojis, you'll find a load more, like :boogie: and :sunny:.

You can check what the emojis look like before posting your message by clicking on the Preview button. This puts a preview of your message at the top of the screen. Once you're happy, click on the Post button as normal.

Hope this helps!