I am struggling

• 15 Replies

Sceal

• View Profile
I am struggling
« on: April 03, 2020, 06:16:20 PM »
It's friday. meaning I can't call my psychologist or my GP.
I had a chat with my psych. nurse today, and I felt a little better after that. But now, I feel like the world is falling apart.
I feel like I am the cause of all the bad things in my ex's life. I can't breathe, I can't focus. I just feel this boulder pinning me down to the ground, and I have to watch the world crumble. And no one around me understands why I feel this way. I should feel optimistic, or maybe just relieved. Or less stressed. But instead I'm having the oposite reaction.

Snowdrop

• View Profile
Re: I am struggling
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2020, 06:51:13 PM »
I'm sorry you're feeling so distressed, Sceal. It makes me want to put a soft blanket round your shoulders and wrap you up in a big hug.

Does it feel like an EF? Is there anything you can do to bring yourself some comfort?

This is just a thought, but you mentioned recently that you almost certainly had covid-19. I read in the week that one of the symptoms is sadness/weepiness. Is it possible that you're feeling so rough emotionally as a result of that?

Sending much love and a big hug. :hug:

Snookiebookie2

• CPTSD is psychological and emotional injury.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2020, 07:30:57 PM »
Sceal,

So sorry to read that you are feeling like this.

I hear your pain and emotions.

Sending you a hug. Sitting with you at this time.   :hug:

Sceal

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2020, 09:13:04 PM »
I'm sorry you're feeling so distressed, Sceal. It makes me want to put a soft blanket round your shoulders and wrap you up in a big hug.

Does it feel like an EF? Is there anything you can do to bring yourself some comfort?

This is just a thought, but you mentioned recently that you almost certainly had covid-19. I read in the week that one of the symptoms is sadness/weepiness. Is it possible that you're feeling so rough emotionally as a result of that?

Sending much love and a big hug. :hug:

That blanket sounds amazing. I wouldn't mind a blanket fort. I guess I can create one in my mind, but it's not quite the same. I could really need a big good hug right now.

It might be an EF. I hadn't thought of that. I need to re-educate myself about EF's. maybe that will actually help me realise what is going on, if that is even it. I'm not sure what the flashback would be about though.

I don't think it's the covid19, I've been feeling well for over a week now. I suspect the sadness/weepiness is during the illness not afterwards?

to Snookiebooie2,
Thank you so much. I really do need hugs right now.  :hug:

Snowdrop

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2020, 09:52:22 AM »
I have some spare blankets. I will make a blanket fort for you. It's safe inside, and even has a drawbridge!

Sending you more big hugs. How are you feeling today, Sceal?  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Three Roses

• CPTSD is an injury, not an illness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2020, 03:24:28 PM »
A gigantic  :hug: for you, Sceal! I love blanket forts, I'm sending more blankets your way - yours will be a blanket castle!

Sceal

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2020, 03:57:26 PM »
Blanket castle seems even more fantastic. Especially with the drawbridge!
Thank you everyone :hug:

I am feeling better today. Right now atleast

Hope67

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2020, 05:25:19 PM »
Dear Sceal, I am glad you are feeling a bit better, right now at least.  :hug:  I like the sound of the blanket castle.
Hope  :)

Kizzie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2020, 05:47:20 PM »
So glad you hear you feel a bit better.  Sending you a huge  :bighug:  and a group  :grouphug: - hope they help if even just a little.   

I loved blanket forts (and truth be told I still do and apparently a lot of adults do - https://www.buzzfeed.com/laurenpaul/cuddle-forts-to-hide-from-adulthood).

notalone

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2020, 12:38:07 AM »
I love the idea of a blanket castle. I'll send some blankets to add to the building.

I should feel optimistic, or maybe just relieved. Or less stressed. But instead I'm having the oposite reaction.
You feel how you feel. There are reasons that you feel like you do. No judgement, no "should" for your feelings.
 :grouphug:

notalone

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2020, 12:40:45 AM »
Kizzie,
I looked at that link. Love it.

Sceal

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2020, 05:47:27 AM »
Thank you everyone who helped me thorugh these difficult days.
I am back to my normal self again now.

Those images of the blanket forts are really, really nice. I will make one once my parents leave for the cabin (once... they are allowed to go again).  I don't have any of those lights though, but I suppose it's a good time as any to get someone while I am waiting to be able to create a blanket fort.

Blueberry

• 'Should' is never good for me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2020, 01:24:39 PM »
I'm glad you're feeling better!  :)

Three Roses

• CPTSD is an injury, not an illness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2020, 03:20:22 PM »
Yes, glad you're feeling better ❤️