Simple Helpful Things I Can Remind The Little Ones When They Are Scared.

Started by Bach, April 05, 2020, 04:05:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bach

1. Even if we do something "wrong" like forgetting the grocery list or missing the turn on the way to the airport, the person I am with is probably upset about the situation because it is inconvenient or stressful rather than angry at US because we made a forgivable human mistake.

Kizzie

2.  I can and will protect you.

3.  Tell me what's scaring you.

Not Alone

Bach

5.  You feel this way now, but this is only now and it is  not  how you will feel forever until you die

Kizzie

6. I love you.

7. I'm here for you.

8. What can I do to help you?

Bach

Kizzie

11.  Is there something we could do together that would help you feel less scared (colour, dance, sing, read a book, build a blanket fort)?

Kizzie

13.  I'm so glad you let me know you're scared and didn't pretend you were OK. 

Bach

14.  It's okay to NOT be scared.  There is no reason to assume that feeling good will result in something terrible happening.

Not Alone

You don't need to worry about _______, _________, __________ (adult things). I will take care of those.

Kizzie

Sometimes it seems like there are only bad people out there who want to hurt you, but I promise you that's not the case.  There are good people too and I will help you find them.

Bach

It's okay to have angry feelings when you think about the people who hurt you.  I know it's scary to have angry feelings, but having angry feelings doesn't mean you're going to be punished.