Easter 2020

• 5 Replies

Blueberry

• 'Should' is never good for me.
    • View Profile
Easter 2020
« on: April 09, 2020, 06:46:29 PM »
I know there's an Easter thread from last year, but I wasn't sure if I'd be hijacking it. You're welcome to merge if you think it's appropriate, Kizzie.

For the last maybe 8-10 years, I've spent most of Easter from Thursday evening till Sun. noon in church. Slight exaggeration, but spending lots of Easter at church has turned into a kind of support for me. Fortunately (and probably obviously) there's no religious abuse in my past, just neglect.

I've just listened to and joined in on a Thursday evening service, the first time I've ever done that on Youtube. I had been thinking about cancelling Easter more or less, and then suddenly realised: "Why?? Now more than ever is a good time to find religious / spiritual support!" (Only if it's good for you obviously, I'm not trying to convert). For other people, other aspects of Easter may be just as important like dyeing eggs or getting spring flowers in or who knows.

I want to wish everybody Happy Easter or at least a survivable Easter in whatever form that may take for you, or maybe just even a spring festival.  :hug:

Of course, anybody is welcome to add to this Easter thread.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 02:22:44 PM by Kizzie »

marta1234

• View Profile
Re: Easter
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2020, 08:58:47 PM »
Thank you Blueberry for your kind words. I'll be spending Easter with my foo, but I am not really expecting anything. Maybe I'll make something as treat for myself.
In any case, I wish you too a nice Easter  :) and hugs :hug:

Three Roses

• CPTSD is an injury, not an illness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2020, 10:27:15 PM »
Happy Easter! 💖

Snowdrop

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2020, 06:09:40 AM »
Happy Easter! :grouphug:

Kizzie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2020, 02:22:24 PM »
Happy Easter everyone, hope you're staying safe and healthy!  :grouphug: 

We're a little disappointed as our son was supposed to be here but with COVID he had to cancel. Glad we're all safe and healthy though so will celebrate and be grateful for that.   :yes:   

Not Alone

• View Profile
Re: Easter 2020
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2020, 08:59:47 PM »
Thanks, Blueberry.

Our church has been doing online services since covid-19. This morning my husband and I participated in their online Good Friday service. We will do the same for Easter.

Wishing all of you a peaceful Easter.