anyone else on remoron?

Started by sanmagic7, April 10, 2020, 06:53:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sanmagic7

hey, all,

just started remoron last nite for anxiety.  this particular doc wouldn't prescribe xanax for me, which has been working well.  she told me that this anti-depressant was a first-line treatment for anxiety, and one of the side effects is sleepiness (i've been on xanax for restless legs syndrome for about 20 yrs. to help me sleep - either that or klonopin, which are in the same family).

the pharmacist told me to take a half dose of the remoron, half dose of the xanax for a few days to wean me off the xanax, which i did last nite.  this morning, altho i slept nearly 8 hrs., i didn't feel rested, like i had a 'good' sleep, and my back was in severe pain, as if i slept extremely tensely and all my back muscles, including my neck and the back of my shoulders were hurting when i woke up.  had to take ibuprofen, which helped, but i normally take that at night and then my back isn't a problem for me (at least, not more than usual).

i also felt very tired behind my eyes.  it's nearly 6 hrs. since i've been awake, and my eyes still feel tired.  i know this stuff needs to be in our system for a bit, and our brains and bodies need to adjust to something new, and it can take some time, so i checked in w/ my t, she agreed w/ me that i should give it a couple weeks, see how it goes.

that's my first day experience w/ this remoron.  just wondering if anyone else has been or is on this med, and how it's worked for you.  thanks.

Three Roses

Just wanted to let you know I've read this post but have no experience with remoron.
:heythere:

Bach

I took Remeron 20 or so years ago but not for long because I couldn't tolerate it.  It made me feel like I had the flu.  I've had trouble tolerating most medications, though, and have seldom been able to stay on one long enough to get through an adjustment period.  The protocol seems to be that you give it some time if the side effects are tolerable and then see whether any benefit you get outweighs any side effects that you have.

sanmagic7

3r and bach, thanks for your responses. :hug: :hug:

i also got the stress flu symptoms from it after the 3rd day, bach, as well as my legs barely able to move beyond a shuffle.  scared i would fall.  so, after 3 days at 1/2 dose, i decided to call it quits.  being that stressed out and worrying about falling - nope, that's too far over the line for me.  so, done and done.

Alice-In-Wonderland

I have been on Mirtazipine (Remeron) for depression for close to a year. I am on a fairly high dose and it works well for me. I have had no major side effects from it at all.