Brand New Here

Started by Dare, April 11, 2020, 12:58:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dare

Hello!
My name is Dare and this is my very first post.

Three Roses

Kizzie

Hi and a warm welcome to OOTS Dare!  :heythere:

Not Alone

OceanStar

Dare

Hope this shows up on my feed- a little about me- I "woke up" about one and a half years ago after being in a fog and in shock most of my life.
I know of no one else who has gone through this.  Once I realized that I had CPTSD, I completely isolated myself for more than a year.  I even stopped going to my AA meetings.
I am sober 13 years.
I realized what has always been my very lonely and unhappy life was because of CPTSD- and also it is generational.  My mother is still in her trauma.
My 2 aunts (Mom's sisters) have had it too- Aunt Mary drank herself to death at 50- and Aunt Peggy has been living with this her whole life.
They were very mistreated by my grandmother.
My mother mistreated my sister and me.
I have read so much about this.  I have it absolutely.  I want to heal and get well.  I cannot do this by myself- I have no one currently to rely on-
Please help- Dare

Three Roses

One of the most profound benefits I've experienced after joining and posting here was the discovery I was not alone. For all of my life (I'm in my 60s), I felt like an alien, an "other". There was absolutely no social group, not one, in which I felt accepted, understood, embraced, validated and listened to.

Until now.

It is my hope that you experience this as well. That as you begin to reach out, and open up, and tell your story, for the first time in your life you'll understand how it feels to be heard and seen, and not have your pain minimized. That when you reach out, for the first time you'll feel how it feels to not have your hand slapped away but instead be drawn into a supportive, empathetic community.

You are welcome here.

marta1234

Welcome.  :)
You are not alone. We all have gone through bad things, and you'll find support here on this forum. Personally, I'm also trying to heal and open up to my trauma, and this forum helps making me feel there is a reason for healing, for getting better.
Sending you a hug if that's ok  :hug:

woodsgnome

Hi, Dare  :wave:.

Every long journey begins with a step. Now of course that's an old cliche but sometimes we need a boost to take the following even harder steps. That's kind of where a forum like this one can help out.

When those steps don't seem very secure, or one is just feeling scared to even try, at least here there's people willing to help out. Why? It begins with knowing, too well sometimes, just how hard it's been to not only take the first steps, but to keep going.

I hope you're feeling perhaps a bit safer about venturing here in seek of folks who can relate to you.

:grouphug:

Snowdrop

Hi Dare, thanks for joining us :wave:. I hope you find being amongst people who "get" it helps you feel less lonely.

Not Alone

I have found a great deal of help and support from people on this forum. It is a relief to be able to talk to people who really understand. Glad you found us. You are not alone.