Anger at Covid Deniers.

Started by Phoebes, April 16, 2020, 05:34:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sanmagic7

sending wellness vibes to your family, phoebes.  i hope everyone recovers quickly and smoothly if they have it.

these are terrible times.  i think we're doing the best we can.  love and hugs, my dear.  :hug:

Kizzie

I hope your sister and your nephew if he has it will only have mild symptoms Phoebes  :grouphug: 

Phoebes

Thank you both. I'm sort of back to feeling resentful because I found out today that she got it from an elderly woman she works for (cleans) who was home, not wearing a mask, and had 3 caretakers come by with no masks. My sister and her partner also weren't wearing masks, and it turns out the elderly woman had covid. So there it is.

The thing is, my sister KNOWS how I feel about all of this, how diligent I've been. She told me when she went back to work they were only cleaning empty homes (no one allowed to be there) and wearing masks. Apparently not only was that a lie, but she does not  respect my feelings about it. I would have never agreed to keep the kids had I knows she was in situations like that.

I get so tired of NO ONE in the family respecting me, my feelings, my right to choose. It's typical scapegoat BS. Oh, Phoebes is being diligent in staying healthy and has known feelings and standards about social distancing. Well who TF cares?

Snowdrop

Good grief. That would really wind me up, Phoebes.

I hope everyone gets better soon.

Kizzie

:yeahthat:   That's really hard to take Phoebes and for so many reasons, not the least of which is disrespect for you  :grouphug:

sanmagic7

:yeahthat:

not being respected is so demeaning to the spirit.  i hope everything turns out ok.

honestly, it amazes me how many people are ignoring all the warnings during this time, and belittling those who are heeding them.  love and hugs, phoebes  :hug:

Blueberry

:yeahthat: All of what everybody wrote. I would be really angry and feel betrayed, I think, because of the lies. This is serious stuff! Not to be taken lightly. Yet some people are taking it lightly  :pissed: :pissed: :pissed:

Sending support Phoebes  :grouphug:

Three Roses

I would feel angry and disrespected!  :pissed:  :blowup:

Phoebes

Thank you all!! UGH. I do feel that way. I'm going to somewhat take a break from communicating with her, checking how they are doing, etc. I care, of course, but I need a break. Before I learned of the incident I had told her I have had it with people not wearing masks. Honestly I wonder why she even told me.

My dad invited himself to come here in later July and said he would be spending the night at least one night with me, etc. I told him point blank that that was not going to work for me, and that I was not having any guests over inside the house or overnight. I haven't heard back. I'm sure he's offended I have a boundary.

sanmagic7

kudos to you, phoebes, for putting that boundary out there.  our safety must come first!   :thumbup:

i'm sorry if he's offended, but that's his stuff, not yours.   :no:

this mess is so difficult on its own - when others mess with our safety, it's a whole 'nother ballgame!  love and hugs, my dear :hug:

Kizzie

Way to go Phoebes, that's some serious boundary setting!   :thumbup:   :applause: 

Blueberry

sigiriuk

I have seen a few friends struggle with the stress of COVID. One older friend in Texas possibly has it now.
It is too much for some people to cope with, and the distress leads them into all sorts of paranoid beliefs.

I pity any human being who lacks the humility to take reasonable precautions.

Phoebes

Thanks! It helps to hear you all say that. He responded and sent a video of a WHO doctor saying how people don't get it from asymptomatic people. I just said, well, apparently there are a lot of people who don't know if they have symptoms or if those around them have symptoms!

It makes sense there are all levels of denial and misinformation out there. I'm just thinking until we know for sure, and there are treatment or prevention options, why just throw all caution to the wind? I do feel good about my cautiousness and boundaries about it. My dad is 77 and I wonder why he is so anxious to write it off as hoax.

sigiriuk

Quote from: Phoebes on July 08, 2020, 08:00:57 PM
It makes sense there are all levels of denial and misinformation out there.
We live in a complicated world. The levels of misinformation are so extreme and can now be recognised as new forms of mistreatment of our minds.
In my experience, the deniers seem incapable of being content with their own beliefs; they have to force it on other people...and that's where I draw the line

Slim