Weird formating bug

Started by Panda, May 02, 2020, 06:20:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Panda

So I just discovered this weird bug where when I mark and drag a portion of text in my post, it'll change the font size of text left behind what I copied down to a tiny font size.

I'm not sure I'm being clear here so, as an example if I write

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consetetur sadipscing elitr, sed diam nonumy eirmod tempor invidunt ut labore et dolore magna aliquyam erat, sed diam voluptua.

and then mark and drag the "labore et dolore magna aliquyam erat" part, this happens:

Lorem labore et dolore magna aliquyam erat ipsum dolor sit amet, consetetur sadipscing elitr, sed diam nonumy eirmod tempor invidunt ut , sed diam voluptua.

Of course that's not a super bad bug or anything, just figured it might be good to know. For reference, I'm using Chrome version ]81.0.4044.129 for Windows 10. If you need any other info just let me know!

Kizzie

I just went in and marked and dragged text around and it didn't happen so I'm guessing it has to be the version of Chrome windows you're using.  Does it do the same thing if you cut and paste?

Panda

Thank you for checking!

No, it doesn't happen if I cut and paste. Guess I'll just do that from now, if it's a Chrome exclusive bug.

Kizzie

I think so Panda and it would take the platform designers to solve unfortunately.  They do monitor bugs and glitches though so may fix it at some point.